Tan interior trim kits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tan interior trim kits...

I'm looking to retrim an interior in tan leatherette. Unfortunately Lakewell only does black in leatherette, so I have to go elsewhere. I've also looked at Gahh brand, but surely there's others out there. Can anyone recommend another provider?

I've contacted Classic British and German on multiple occasions over the past 12 months (never got a response), and I'm sick of their poor service, so I'll shop overseas.

If anyone on the forum is mates with him, can you please whisper in his ear about following up on prospective clients? I know that mine is not an isolated example.

So, gripes aside, who does good kits?

Scott

These guys are based in NZ and might be able to help

Cheers

Comment

Scotty, why not just order the raw materials and vinyl and use a decent upholsterer? The whole 'kit' thing is a misnomer...
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Did you phone Prostitch/German Textiles in Sydney and ask them Scott? There are lots of quality trimmers around. I just got some excellent square-weave carpet from PS.
        Last edited by Merv; 15-06-16, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Merv

Classic British and German is Prostich
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
            Scotty, why not just order the raw materials and vinyl and use a decent upholsterer? The whole 'kit' thing is a misnomer...
            Yes, I'm also costing out this the full custom option as a comparison, but I want to explore the kit options too.
            One very experienced local trimmer (who has done a lot of Porsche work) said that the Gahh ones are very good.

Comment

If a cars Cardex or COA lists brown could that also be Tan? Or were they specific and listed it as tan?

If so I'll be keen on a group buy of material...
              Tom Laube
              Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
              VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Last edited by SM911; 16-06-16, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskl60 View Post
                  If a cars Cardex or COA lists brown could that also be Tan? Or were they specific and listed it as tan?
                  Good point Tom. Actually I checked my details and it is brown leatherette - not tan.
                  I looked at the factory brochures (courtesy of DerWhites). Interior trim colours for 1972 were listed as black, brown and beige. Presumably 1971 was the same.
                  So perhaps what we all refer to as 'tan', the factory referred to it as beige.
                  Either way mine is brown...

Comment

Thanks Scotty, that clears it up! Prostitch have sourced a very nice brown haargarn.

My original (with faded edge) is on the left and new on the right. I have two cars to do in brown so a group buy of brown vinyl will be my preference.

I figure I am going to need to dye a 'corduroy' to get a match...
                    Attached Files
                    Tom Laube
                    Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                    VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                      Merv

Classic British and German is Prostich
                      Yes I do know that Clyde. I have dealt with them quite a bit. After my thread a month or so ago about their lack of response, I have had nothing but good response.

I have bought difficult to find squareweave carpet and correct tan vinyl from them recently.

With carpets, however, the original colours seen on swatches, may look very unlike those now produced (anywhere). So Scott - get samples first would be my suggestion - but you know that. There is noting worse than buy the correct named colour, and then finding that it is 3 shades lighter now.

Comment

Thanks Merv - good tip about the sample. Will do that.

Comment

Just get up John's ribs, he really is a good guy who has found himself in a seriously demanding period of old car renaissance.
                          John Forcier
                          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                          Restoration Saga
                          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Therese has been terrific - even holding things for me.

Comment

I am working with John currently to improve his RH dash offering which is OK but still needs some tweaking

Sent him a RHD dash to replicate so will see how he goes if he nails it then one of our problems is solved
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President
                              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                              X