Less vague sporto shifts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less vague sporto shifts....

Based on a tip-off from Mitchell, I decided to have a look at the insides of my shifter and found that the Stop Ring had become congealed brownish powder! (Pelican 905 424 234 02) Luckilly no damage had been done to any other parts of the shifter. It was also a good opportunity to check the main nylon bushings and spring were in good nick and re-grease the whole assembly.

The locking pin shown in the pic just slides out after you slide the microswitch up an inch, so you can check the condition of the stop ring without even unbolting the complete shifter from the tunnel. Just be careful keep track of the bearing and spring (not seen here).

I have temporarily replaced it with 2 thick nylon plumbing spacers that I had lying around and that just happen to fit perfectly.

It wasn't overly vague to begin with, but it's definitely better now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 72_sporto; 10-07-16, 10:42 AM.
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

I assume it means it needs just a little bit more effort on the lever before it moves enough to operate the micro switch? Becoming apparent to me it's about getting all the little things right for the Sporto so it works nicely as a whole system. The more I use it + the more I get it spot on the more I like it

Comment

Working...
    X