72 Sporto Gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

72 Sporto Gearbox

I have a fully rebuilt box from my 72 911e- done by Porsche Melb in 2003 with all receipts. I replaced it with a manual 5 speed. Should I keep the Sporto for some future owner or flog it to a needy Sporto driver? IS there a market for these and what could I ask. Its not about the money- just a space thing.Opinions would be appreciated.

Ross,

Welcome to our club many of our members will know your great ex Roy Tashi 72 and your collection of great 356 cars. I have never heard of anyone looking for a sporto could be a hard sell I think but there are still some cars running them of course. Maybe you should hang on to it for complete Aussie authenticity down the track.

Roy would be having kittens seeing all those stickers on the car!
    Last edited by Terminator; 16-08-06, 08:39 PM.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I'd keep it. There is a market out there of hard core Sporto enthusiasts (I'm one of them) - a 72 Sporto would be the bomb.

Comment

Thanks Boys.....good advice but I'll need a warehouse soon for all these spares...sure beats stamp collecting

Comment

Welcome Ross!
          About time you finally got on here. Now you will have an excuse to do less work during the day
          Sportos, I know that Andrew Farmer has one. He is looking to sell it, but don't know who do. There are not that many floating round, so when someone needs one, you will hear about it!!!
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
          X