Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 911s

Hi All,

Chasing down a car, 911S 1968, good condition, original interior, no real rust, original motor (drives well), wrong gear box (sporto to man conversion), Aus delivered, RHD, wrong colour.

What should I be paying?

Sporto 1968 S cars had a lower HP engine I believe?

Also if it is genuine Aus. delivered Hugh would have some information on it.

No rust?........ Look harder.

If it's what you want, pay the money.

If you are looking to flip it and cash in, then you have to play the game.

A few of us here with 68S cars and I'm sure we would all have different opinions on value.

Comment

If it's a real Aussie S then it's part of a very low batch count which in collector terms bumps it up a bit in value. Beware to ensure the car is as complete/original as possible - this is a 'one year only' model that shares very little with the years either side, so getting parts can be real tricky...

I agree with Chris - if you want it, you're unlikely to get a "deal"
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hi Robin,

Is it Bahama Yellow?

If so there is a bit of history on that car in this forum.

Cheers,

Harry.
        Last edited by Harry; 20-07-16, 01:08 PM.

Comment

value

What would be a likely value range on such a beast though (it is not yellow).

Comment

What is the asking price?

You seem as astute as anyone here with your purchases.
            Last edited by 9er; 20-07-16, 01:42 PM.

Comment

It's got to be about condition and originality Robin. If you think that first class LWB S cars are north of $200k ($250-300k for the best), then a rarer SWB S in RHD is to my mind at least, a bit more.

Remember, the USA did not get S cars in 68, they were ROW only so numbers are very low. It's so subjective now - I don't think there is a price point until you buy it
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John

I think that you are seeing LWB E's in that range now with S's above it but as you say it is all about condition and provenance There are so few RHD S's that it is hard to work out what a realistic market price is. Probably would need to understand UK pricing as much as anything as that is where most of them are
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Looking for a Porsche 911 [Pre-90]? Find your ideal Porsche 911 [Pre-90] from top dealers and private sellers in your area with PistonHeads Classifieds.

Matching numbers LHD for around $350k AUD ...

Comment

I'm still bewildered how the silver S ( LHD converted ) in Melbourne sold for $125K Apparently it went North but nothing said since

Its so hard to tell but I'm guessing Aust cars are between $250 - $350 maybe more ( Not having one I don't have a vested interest ) My 2cents

Comment

Duttons are asking 500k for this 67'
                      1967 Porsche 911 S SWB Sportomatic - This museum quality model has the extremely rare sportomatic option and is right-hand drive. For sale at Dutton Garage.

Hopefully there isn't any 'duttons' tax on the one you are looking at Robin
                      Mickc

65’ 912/6
                      70’ 911T coupe
                      00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Mick

that "67" is actually an australian delivered 68S that was originally a sporto - almost identical in specification to what Robin originally posted about
                        Hugh Hodges
                        1973 E
                        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

[QUOTE=mickc;76020]Duttons are asking 500k for this 67'
                          1967 Porsche 911 S SWB Sportomatic - This museum quality model has the extremely rare sportomatic option and is right-hand drive. For sale at Dutton Garage.

Hopefully there isn't any 'duttons' tax on the one you are looking at Robin[/QUOTE

Cheap for a sporto ��

Comment

I know of a '67, Australian-delivered manual, matching numbers 911 that was just bought for far, far less than that in perfect mostly original condition. I will leave it for the new owner to say, when he feels the time is right.

Comment

Merv

Nice to know they're still out there

Comment

Working...
                              X