Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

club reg question

Just a quick question.

If I buy a car that is registered in Vic and want to put on club plates - do I ask the seller to cancel the reg and then I goto vic roads with permit form and roadworthy?

Hi Robin. I assume you mean the car is currently on full rego, not Club? Club rego is not transferrable, so if you buy it with full rego, you then cancel the registration when you put in on Club plates & they will refund YOU the difference in the full registration fee. Hope that makes sense1
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

cancel reg

Originally posted by markymark_1968 View Post
      Hi Robin. I assume you mean the car is currently on full rego, not Club? Club rego is not transferrable, so if you buy it with full rego, you then cancel the registration when you put in on Club plates & they will refund YOU the difference in the full registration fee. Hope that makes sense1
      So I can cancel reg when in somebody else's name (is currently on full reg).

Comment

Originally posted by Robin View Post
        So I can cancel reg when in somebody else's name (is currently on full reg).
        Well, I was making the assumption you would be completing the transfer of registration under full rego before you put it onto Club Reg, but if you are planning to do the club rego thing in order to alleviate any Stamp Duty payable, you would need the seller to cancel the rego and sell you the car unregistered. That's my understanding, anyway...
        Mark Munro
        '69 911T (sold)
        '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
        '69 MG Midget Group S car
        TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Robin
          I agree with Mark
          There are two ways to purchase a car from a private vendor in Vic.
          1. Fully registered, where the vendor must provide you with a RWC (valid for 30 days)
          2. Unregistered, whereby you need to provide VicRoads with proof of your purchase (See VicRoads website). If the car is currently registered then only the owner can cancel the rego and hand in the plates prior to sale

In your situation, I don't understand why you wouldn't purchase it registered with RWC. The requirements for a VicRoads Club Permit are fairly onerous (see our club policy: http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=5035 ) and having a RWC already issued would make it easier for you.
          Is it that the vendor knows that there may be significant cost to obtain the RWC?
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I would buy with RWC completed but get the current owner to cancel the rego and sell it to you unregistered. They should be happy they will get the refund.

You then wander along and register on club plates hence avoiding the transfer fees so your happy too
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Just flicking through the registers requirements on club plates and wanted some clarification on club policy. At present i'm not thinking of putting the 911 on club plates but I am looking at purchasing some other Marques with the idea of club registration. Is this an option under the Registers guidelines? Cheers
              Mick

Comment

Mick

Club reg for another marque would need to get approval from the committee but all sorts of factors come into play like your partcipation in club events length of time as a member, previous and current 911 cars owned etc etc

Decisions are made on a case by case basis (no pun intended).
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                X