Long shot - original owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long shot - original owner

Does anyone know who this is - bought a 1968S from Hamilitons in St Kilda Melbourne - delivered 19-01-1968.

I know it is a long shot but thought somebody may know of this person? I can't even read the address if anyone can figure that out?
    Attached Files

Surname Kahlbetzer?

I remember there was a fellow who ran a 3.3 Turbo in the 90's - he ran in the imfamous Cannonball Run in the 1990's - Johnny Kahlbetzer (maybe his son?)

Address might be a rural one RMB ( Rural Mail Box) or a GPO One in Sydney.
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Surname Kahlbetzer?

I remember there was a fellow who ran a 3.3 Turbo in the 90's - he ran in the imfamous NT Cannonball Run in the 1990's - Johnny Kahlbetzer (maybe his son?)

Address might be a rural one RMB ( Rural Mail Box) or a GPO One in Sydney?
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Easy

OK so not that much of a long shot...

Son you mentioned is here...

The son of one of Australia's richest men is challenging a will made by the late Sydney socialite Virginia Kahlbetzer giving the residual of her estate to a leading biomedical research institute.

And here is dad that original bought my car in 1968...

Now thats some cool history!

Comment

I would expect that that name is John Dieter Kahlbetzer
          they are an extremely wealthy family based in NSW with a lot of the money made in agriculture - so a RMB address is possible.

The Twynam Agricultural Group was founded in the early 1970s by John Dieter Kahlbetzer as a result of his strong connection with rural Australia. This connection with agriculture, which is shared by his two sons Johnny and Markus, also led to the foundation of the LIAG Group in Argentina in 1982.

The family office is based in Bridge st in Sydney and you may be able to contact them through there
          Hugh Hodges
          1973 E
          Australian TYP 901 Register #005
          Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
            I would expect that that name is John Dieter Kahlbetzer
            they are an extremely wealthy family based in NSW with a lot of the money made in agriculture - so a RMB address is possible.

The Twynam Agricultural Group was founded in the early 1970s by John Dieter Kahlbetzer as a result of his strong connection with rural Australia. This connection with agriculture, which is shared by his two sons Johnny and Markus, also led to the foundation of the LIAG Group in Argentina in 1982.

The family office is based in Bridge st in Sydney and you may be able to contact them through there
            Have sent an email - another long shot :-)

Comment

That's amazing ....

Now Robin's found is original owner, am I allowed to hijack the thread and ask the same question?

Anyone know Gordon Barnett from Sydney??

One other non official Porsche doc I have also showed him as Gordon Bennett, but I don't know if that docs is accurate.
              Attached Files

Comment

So Robin that Kardex arrived from Erik?

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                  So Robin that Kardex arrived from Erik?
                  Yes - thank you for the great tip - the Kardex shows some interesting details as you suggested - certainly something worth adding to a cars history file.

Comment

Working...
                  X