Hard brake line shop in Brisbane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard brake line shop in Brisbane?

Hi all, I'm just adding this here as the beginning of the conversation happened in the Brisbane Cars and Coffee thread … I missed it with a leaking brake master cylinder.

The Brissy crowd as well as Porsche Centre Brisbane have recommended BHSS to sort the master cylinder out. I finally got around to pulling it yesterday after using up all my spare time either being stuck at work or looking after sick kids. Hopefully I'll be able to get it down to them tomorrow.

Ended up breaking a hard line where the fitting was seized. Do any of you Brisbane guys have anyone that you use for making hard lines? I'm figuring the simplest/quickest solution is just to pull the broken one and take it to a pro to have them make a replacement. (Couldn't tell if this was something that BHSS do from their website.)

Thanks
    Simon Ravenscroft
    --
    '67 912 (gone back to its original home)
    '76 911 (no more leaks!)

As per your other thread: Any brake place can do you up a new line. They have a double flare like most euro cars.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Awesome, thanks John.
      Simon Ravenscroft
      --
      '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

I had one made recently by-

AUSSIE AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES PINE RIVERS
        Gympie Rd, Lawnton QLD (07) 3285 2777

aussieautoservices.com

It's a fair hike from the city but it was good service. They did it on the spot and it cost about $30. The fittings were slightly longer than my originals but still fitted. (Not cheap when you consider you can get a full set from Pelican for about $150- without freight.)
        Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Thanks Bill, the one I've busted is RHD specific so not available from the US suppliers, so I'm stuck getting one made ...
          Simon Ravenscroft
          --
          '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

Simon - BHSS makes up replacement hard lines as well. They do it all.

Comment

Perfect, I'll take it with me when I'm head down, thanks Scotty.
              Simon Ravenscroft
              --
              '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

Working...
              X