Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Details Questions

Hi All
    I received an email with details from Harry Aspiotis and have a couple of questions that i'm hoping the brains trust can answer.

1- Do the Pepita seat inlays apply to front seats only with black leatherette on the rear seats

2- What options are covered by C14=Australian Specification

Cheers
    Ash
    Attached Files
    1971 911E
    1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

Odd, I thought C23 was the Australian code...

Comment

Scotty I did too, and it is.
      however the same country has different codes at different points of time depending on what is specified. C23 is the Australian code in 1973 (and I dont know how much earlier) However the Australian code changed to C35 sometime in late 73 MY maybe 74. That will be due to a change in ADR's I think. Similarly South Africa was both C25 and 26 in 1973 and France was both C05 and C06 in 1973

So I would not be surprised if C14 was an earlier iteration of the australian standards
      To answer Ash's question it is the items that were necessary to meet Australian Design rules at that time - lights, seat belts, mirrors, RHD, emissions etc that were different for Australia to any other place.

The US ones (emissions etc) were more drastic than other but for example France had yellow head lights etc in theirs.

In the case of my car in 1973 they were ADR's: 1,2,3,6,8,10B,11,12,14,15,16,18,21,22,24,25, and 26 whatever they all are .
      That is all on my australian compliance plate, something that came in around about the time my 1973 car was built.

to answer the first question yes the pepita is only in the middle panel of the front seats, and apparently on occasion the headrest (although I do not know what option that was). the back seats are leatherette or leather whatever was specified for the balance of the seats
      Hugh Hodges
      1973 E
      Australian TYP 901 Register #005
      Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Thanks Hugh, as usual I'm blown away by the knowledge around here
        1971 911E
        1993 964 30 Jahre 'Jubilee' Edition Looking for engine 6218087

Comment

Working...
        X