Cheaper Shipping Options for Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper Shipping Options for Parts

As most of us no doubt have had to get multiple parts shipped out from the USA, it starts to get a bit expensive for the bulky items obviously!

Not sure if anyone else has used these guys: Californian Image

They're located just North of Brisbane, so better for us Qld'ers, but may even be worth looking at for interstaters if you can get cheap domestic freight...

As a guide, I've got 2 early steel wheels coming and the charge was $50AUD compared to over $200 USD when the seller quoted.

You just obviously pay ground shipping over there to their depot in CA. Just make sure the seller gives the stuff a good clean if its used..

Are there many other good options anyone has found?

Cheers

Tim

Seems a very good price for heavy stuff or where you are prepared to wait a couple of months.

If you need stuff in 1 week for the US - then I have found the aussie post service called ShopMate a reasonable price: base rate of A$23 + A$10 per kilo.
    Mark Evans
    1966 912 5 gauge
    1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL

Comment

Although I imaging most people will already do this I negotiate with people like SM - send them email with what I want and suggest it should be cheaper and this usually results in shipping being at least 25% cheaper.
      Also price check your quote against what SM are shipping if you buy the same product from them on EBAY - the last example I price checked was a steering wheel - $27 US via EBAY + $4 for each additional item (smc_parts), from their website steering wheel alone between $101 to $170 .....

Comment

I do the same. I recently had a quote for a small item that was $45 to post. I played Pelican SM and AASE off to see who could be cheapest and AASE won at $2.50

Comment

I used 'UStoOz' when i had to get my rollbar shipped from Ca. Good tracking option, good customer service and not expensive. Other advantage is they have an account here in Australia, which made payment cheaper too.
          1973 911T Coupe
          1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Working...
          X