Tail Light Lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tail Light Lens

I am considering to buy a couple of tail light lens. Current are Bosch and not cracked (maybe a touch of fading) but the silver trim is poor, especially on left.

A big price differential on the usual supplier websites between OEM/Porsche genuine and URO; basically US$190 v. US$50.

SM says of the URO brand....."They are better than the lenses currently in production from Porsche".....

Is there/can there be any significant difference that would justify the price diff?

Anyone recently purchased a set of either (or both) types of lens and can give any guidance and pro/con of what to do?

cheers
    Mark Evans
    1966 912 5 gauge
    1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL

Supplied recently from sm.
    The rears and Lh front came with the screws/blue plastic washer installed in the lens, these in my opinion were better quality colour/chrome than the right front in the first pic.
    I was instructed to send the fronts back as I wasn't happy, these were replaced with the ones I didn't want in the last two pictures.I was told these were the only matching sets they had in stock. Should of just kept the first mismatched pair.
    If you are lucky you will receive the same rears as I did but you could also end up with the same style as the the last two pics (fronts) that don't come with the screws etc. and that appear to be painted onto the amber sections not the actual lens colour.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mrar; 05-09-16, 08:10 PM.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

My experience from SM recently was similar.
      No screws in the front and sus quality. The rears on the other hand are vgood and had the screws. I ordered the gaskets at the same time and they were good.

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.
      Mark Branson
      1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
      TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Thanks Mark (and for the thread). Will buy the URO brand for the rear and confirm.
        Mark Evans
        1966 912 5 gauge
        1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL

Comment

Working...
        X