A couple of upgrades to my new E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of upgrades to my new E

the original wheel has been replaced with a 380mm silver spoke nardi, the flashing-lights CD player has been replaced with a vinyl covered block off plate and the driver's seat has been replaced with a corduroy-centred recaro sport (that i've been hoarding for a while)

i'm about 6' 1" and the new wheel and seat have transformed my fit and comfort for in this car. it is so much better/easier to drive.

the obligatory personalised plate has also a been fitted...

whaduyureckon?
    Attached Files

Like the nardi... you nicked that from New Zealand didn't you? That and the car.

I almost bought one on ebay but thought I should check trade me... that's where you got it wasn't it?
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

hey justin

yep, found the nardi on trademe (like the car...). it is the most comfortable wheel i've ever used - diameter, grip thickness, offset etc. cost about 1/3rd of the ones i have been tracking them on US ebay.

Comment

I was driving back from Eastern Creek today (Ryan where were you) and thinking I wouldnt mind a smaller diameter steering wheel. Hmmmm......

Comment

That was a great find Ryan, very period correct.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

thanks phil

tony

you're welcome to drive the E and give a smaller wheel a trial. alternatively, i have a SAAS wheel in the same diameter (but deeper dish) that you're welcome to borrow for a trial. i like to sit pretty close and it didn't work with my seating position. (i'm sure we can find a spare boss somewhere)

Comment

Looks great and very functional, Ryan.

Comment

I've got an all black Prototipo for sale Tony
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

thanks Ryan would love to take you up on that.

Clyde you got a pic? BTW did you get some pix from me over weekend?

Also the vintage timber/aluminium Nardi wheels - are they earlier? Like would it be sacrilege to put one in my car... I love the look of them. I suppose they would usually be larger diameter though?

tony
                  Last edited by TonyC; 21-08-06, 07:35 AM.

Comment

I love the look of timber wheels too...

Comment

"Also the vintage timber/aluminium Nardi wheels - are they earlier? Like would it be sacrilege to put one in my car... I love the look of them. I suppose they would usually be larger diameter though?"

i think i've seen them in a few sizes. as to whether or not its sacriliege - its your car and you should do unto it what you like (just keep the original wheel for the day you decide to sell...)

Comment

no the timber wheels are the same. I have examples of the Prototipo and the wooden and leather Nardi. Will post when I have a pic for you Tony.
                        Alex Webster
                        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

thanks alex

Comment

Working...
                          X