Rubber seal kits for a 1965-73 911/912?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber seal kits for a 1965-73 911/912?

So I have to replace all the rubbers on my car as they leak whenever I wash the car. My question is, does anyone have reccomendations on the best quality kit around?

I know design911.co.uk, http://www.aasesales.com/ and stoddard.com do them. Any feedback?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Duck4cover; 19-09-16, 11:10 AM.

I have had excellent service and lower postage rates though AASE.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
      I have had excellent service and lower postage rates though AASE.
      OK, good to know. and what about the quality? happy?

Comment

I ordered a set from International Mercantile - haven't fitted them so can't comment 1st hand on quality just yet but they were recommended through Eric at Auto Foreign who knows his stuff.

Have you also tried Porsche Australia or Bob Whymm on a price for genuine?

Comment

They have been excellent quality in my experience

Comment

Common wisdom is that you must buy genuine front and rear screen seals
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

True windscreen seals are critical and I got mine via the OPC. I also see SMC is have a major sale now and many items are really reduced. Especially shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
                Common wisdom is that you must buy genuine front and rear screen seals
                Can confirm that I've seen 3 rear window seal fails (all members here) when using a particular OEM (but not genuine) seal. Definitely spend a little extra and grab genuine rear (and probably front) screen seals.

I've used pretty much every other seal from SM/IM/URO and all have been fine, but I'll note the OEM rear quarter seals were touch and go - lots of lube and cursing, but they fitted in the end.
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                  Can confirm that I've seen 3 rear window seal fails (all members here) when using a particular OEM (but not genuine) seal. Definitely spend a little extra and grab genuine rear (and probably front) screen seals.

I've used pretty much every other seal from SM/IM/URO and all have been fine, but I'll note the OEM rear quarter seals were touch and go - lots of lube and cursing, but they fitted in the end.
                  Awesome feedback guys! Good to know Porsche still sell new seals.. I'll definitely take that on-board and go OEM for the front and rear windscreen.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Duck4cover View Post
                    Awesome feedback guys! Good to know Porsche still sell new seals.. I'll definitely take that on-board and go OEM for the front and rear windscreen.

Cheers!
                    You need to specify 'Genuine Porsche' as opposed to OEM (original equipment manufacturer) as there is a difference.
                    John Forcier
                    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                    Restoration Saga
                    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John's advice is good. I found that the part from Porsche was not expensive, ad my insurance company paid for it, as the 'original screen' was extensively pitted and rubber gasket needed to be cut out anyway.

Comment

In my experience it is worth checking in with Porsche, especially with exchange rates being what they are. My cigarette lighter was corroded and fused together and was causing a short, previously it had just been disconnected. I hunted high and low for a replacement but all the online folks had it marked as NLA. I found a reasonable second hand one in the US for $150, before I pulled the trigger I thought I might just check in with Craig here at Porsche Centre Brisbane. He got me one brand new delivered the next day for $60.

Doesn't always work out that way, but I reckon more that half my parts come from Porsche these days.
                        Simon Ravenscroft
                        --
                        '67 912 (gone back to its original home)
                        '76 911 (no more leaks!)

Comment

I purchased the SMC kit and found it generally pretty d=good , but like many other members, found I had to go and buy another set of genuine front and rear windows seals.

Comment

Working...
                          X