LWB turn signal resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LWB turn signal resto

John Audette is now doing LWB turn signals / tail lights.

I have had many requests in the past couple of years for LWB turn signal refurbishment and restoration. So I decided to work on a couple of projects to see what is involved and to familiarize myself with them. The projects have turned out well and I'm going to go ahead and add LWB turn signal refurbishment and restoration to my list of services. These are U.S. rear turn signals, partially restored: 394948 394949 To get started I am only restoring cores as the housings are somewhat

No disrespect to John, but the LWB housings are something easily taken on by you guys here...

They are just pot metal and usually only need a scrub (I've used my dishwasher). Bead blasting is about the most technical thing you'd need to do. Masking and painting is all that is required from this point.

Note: I believe only the US delivered cars have the silver interior... ROW/AU delivered units I've seen have all been painted white inside. The clear reflector piece varied over the years too, the earliest had concentric circles as a pattern.

Seals are available through the usual sources as are replacement plastic caps and looms. And of course the quality of lenses is dependant on you budget! The addition of LED lights was worthwhile for me too - much nicer lighting and brighter brake illumination.

LWB lights are a fun 'home' project in most cases. If someone wants to offer me $1,250 AU I'll do all four for you
    Last edited by Fishcop; 24-09-16, 03:45 PM.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I agree. I did my front ones. Its pretty straight forward. I grit blasted them, primed them in epoxy etch, the went over them in transmission silver, then masked and sprayed the inside with a chrome paint. Looked a million bucks, and cost about $50 bucks in paint. Easy as! I'll try and find some photos when I get home.

Comment

Working...
      X