No announcement yet.

NSW Roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jees John, number 5 is a bit stiff ... maybe we could add a zero and say 50 - 100 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
      ...But I can see the manual control of motorised vehicles being a thing of the past within a generation...

yep. imagine this;

self-driving, electric cars that talk to each other. you won't need airbags and crumple zones as they won't crash, so they will be super light carbon fibre and hyper-efficient.

...and once your car has dropped you off at work it can go and charge itself somewhere and then join the uber network to earn you some money rather than costing you money sitting in a multi-level car park...

we have uber
      we have self driving cars (sort of)
      we have electric cars

surely can't be that far away?
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r View Post
        yep. imagine this;

self-driving, electric cars that talk to each other. you won't need airbags and crumple zones as they won't crash, so they will be super light carbon fibre and hyper-efficient.

...and once your car has dropped you off at work it can go and charge itself somewhere and then join the uber network to earn you some money rather than costing you money sitting in a multi-level car park...

we have uber
        we have self driving cars (sort of)
        we have electric cars

surely can't be that far away?
        Rich

I don't think people will even own their own car. There will be big corps and you just tap your phone for your preferred provider and the car turns up.

The challenge for Govt will be managing the fleet while there are still driven cars on the road.

How long before driven cars are banned? at least in city areas.

Then begs the question, what happens to all the old cars and bikes?

Interesting long term trend is young people in western countries not bothering getting a drivers licence, even in USA and here!

sorry for the detour

cheers
        Jeff Eelkema
        TYP 901 #132
        S-Reg #1431
        69E (project)
        various bevel Ducatis
        60s Vespa

Comment

I agree Jeff

We'll just buy into a service or lease directly from a provider. I think the city is a sure thing, but country areas will still be using some form of controlled vehicle for a while longer.

Originally posted by Jeff Eelkema View Post
          Rich

I don't think people will even own their own car. There will be big corps and you just tap your phone for your preferred provider and the car turns up.

The challenge for Govt will be managing the fleet while there are still driven cars on the road.

How long before driven cars are banned? at least in city areas.

Then begs the question, what happens to all the old cars and bikes?

Interesting long term trend is young people in western countries not bothering getting a drivers licence, even in USA and here!

sorry for the detour

cheers
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
          X