The 911S is finally finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 911S is finally finished!

Well after almost 4 years, and countless set backs, the 911S that we have been restoring has finally been brought home.
    Yes the 66 build, 67 model, original RHD (had a sunroof but doesn't now, but it has the switch still there!) has made the 550 mile/850kms journey home to Melbourne from Adelaide without a sweak, rattle, use of oil or problem and on only 90 litres of fuel - LIFE IS GOOD!
    So here are some pics. The car already has its roadworthy and is booked in for rego on Tuesday. Number plate is VIC rego A911S
    Car is headed for Phillip Island this Sunday for a shake down and familiarisation, for the car, and me!
    Then it is going as a back up car for Marcus and I on the Dutton Rally in two weeks, and the real shoot out for it in the 6 hour. So far the car has been great.
    New wheels and tyres are nearly finished, pending CAMS review of tyres earlier in the week.
    Decals need to be added on the side, and stripes etc for 6 hour.
    Hope you enjoy some of the first pics, and yes it will be out on the road soon on the next run
    Attached Files
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

That looks gorgeous!!!

Comment

Have to agree with Erwin... Looking good Alex!
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

thanks boys - I know it is PIMP MY RIDE low at the moment, but that is because of the 50 profile tyres... the 60's with R's will fill the guards and make it sit a little higher. I have a flat driveway and it is still bottoms out!!
        Alex Webster

Comment

Hey Alex, We're down the Island this weekend. Call in for a beer or if I can get away, I might pop down to the race track. What day are you there?
          I'll give you a call later.

Comment

Oh Yer, Car looks fantastic.
            Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Comment

V nice..... what a beautiful car to track....

Comment

Sensational Alex,

Keep me posted about the you know what, I'm keen for it if you still want to sell.

Cheers
                Cam Arnott
                Looking for engine #6208151
                1970 911E (Sold)
                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Congrats Alex... looks fantastic!!

Here's that link to the Tasman Revival HSRCA @ Eastern Creek in Dec.

Comment

Brett - will be down there on Sunday early - I have to shoot at about 12ish so that I can make a tee time at 2pm at Peninsula so will only get 2 runs in I imagine.

Cameron - cannot remember if I thanked you for 'the book' - THANK YOU! Yes I know what you mean and I will know more after the Island on Sunday!!!

Taylor - thanks mate, will look into it, could be the goods Marcus and I may head up and enter both our cars - hope you have lots of beds!!
                    Alex Webster

Comment

Congratulations Alex, looks fantastic – when’s the next unofficial Sunday run?
                      Paul Wischer
                      1969 911T
                      1979 Californian Moke
                      TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

My unofficial run is heading to Phillip Island on Sunday via our 'secret route' before heading out on the track to get used to the turn in on the car. The thing is pretty stiff, and on radials, as the R compound tyres are not in yet.... should be 'interesting!'

Will have one probably in November as September and October is full of events!!!
                        Alex Webster

Comment

Originally posted by alexwebster View Post
                          .......- I have to shoot at about 12ish so that I can make a tee time at 2pm at Peninsula.....
                          Alex
                          May see you at Peninsula - Rob is playing there in the Aaron Baddeley Tournament Sunday morning. I'll be lugging his clubs
                          Peter Williams #049
                          Secretary TYP901
                          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

big congrats mate. all the hard work was worth it (and you will soon forget the $$$'s)

ps. what size wheels are those 4.5's or 6's?

Comment

Alex , the car looks really great . Next time I'm in Melbourne I'll give you a call and you can show it to me in the metal .
                              John Shingleton

Comment

Working...
                              X