Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historics - Wakefield Park

Hi all,
    Just a quick note to let you know that there's a Historic round at Wakefield Park this weekend (9-10 Sept).
    Porsche Entry List:
    '73 RS x 2
    '74 2.7 Carrera x 5
    '77 Carrera 3.0 x 1
    Should be a good weekend - I'll post some pics next week.
    Cheers,
    Nick

Wakefield Park Historics

Nick

I am planning to go up and have a look at this meeting. I''ll come and say g'day if that's OK with you. I presume that you will have a garage somewhere in the pits as I see that you have entered the 3.0 Carrera.

Cheers

Comment

Nick,

Will try and get down for a bit ... weather and schedule dependent.

Looks like you will have Phillip Island type conditions ... cold and wet. Ahh Wakefield Park... its either perishingly cold or blisteringly hot!
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

What a cold weekend!!!
        The rain didn't bother me too much, but the cold certainly did.
        I drove one of the cars down on Friday morning - of course the window broke and I froze the entire way down.
        Great weekend of racing though - the wet really evened everyone out... close and very competitive.
        Jock drove up from canberra in his bright yellow '69 - great to meet another member.
        Friday afternoon was a little slow when the word of Brocky spread through the paddock... unbelievable and very sad.
        Here are some pics....
        Attached Files

Comment

Also spotted this on the weekend... I know someone was talking about doing something similar, though I can't find the thread.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nick,

sorry now I didn't make the effort...the 50+mm's of rain in Sydney discouraged me somewhat...

how did the Carrera 3 go?

can imagine the dampener the news of PB's passing would have had.... Michael Stahl has written a lovely pice for this week's Bulletin ( i tripped over it on ninemsn today).

Roll on Eastern Creek and the Tasman Meeting? When is the next MG day @ Wakefield?
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

HeY Justin,
              The C3 went surprisingly well - the balance is perfect, these cars where made to be LHD. The apprentice managed to beat his master on Saturday afternoon (probably not a smart move), we crossed the line side by side, I'm trying to find someone with a photo. It was too slippery, and neither of us had any wet tyres. I had a fairly big moment at the fish hook, straight off with no traction and got bogged on the in-field. There where nine Porsches in the field - and I've heard of another 2 x 2.7's and 2 x C3's on their way... it's going to end up being a Historic Porsche Cup!
              The MG round is the 27th - 29th of October... Ryan's entered this one too.

Comment

Working...
              X