Dutton Rally 2006 Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutton Rally 2006 Victoria

For those in Melbourne, the Dutton rally is on this weekend.

Marcus and I have entered in Marcus 1970 E (2.7 RS spec motor) to try and show these late model tarts what an early car can do!

The event starts in Shepparton on Friday at DECA and Shepp Airport, then Winton on Saturday and Sandown and Essendon Airport on the Sunday.
    For those that are around on Sunday, we will be there from about 9ish, and competing against a whole host of cars. The rally has been split into two groups, and therefore there will be about 50 cars with us, and then in the afternoon we go to Essendon and the other half go to Sandown.
    Should be a great event. Hopefully we can do well, and get the car and ourselves home in once piece!!

My mobile is 0419527567 if anyone is keen to catchup in Shepparton, or at Sandown. The presentation is at the Dick in Chapel street late on Sunday afternoon for those that want to check out the cars.

I think Marcus has said he will write a story for the newsletter... he just doesn't know it yet!
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

good luck kids - keep it on the black stuff!

ps. its good to see my old ride being used as nature intended

Comment

mate, since Marcus has done the suspension upgrades and the R tyres, the car is a rocket around the track.

We were doing 1.42 around Winton (long), which is pretty damn quick for an old car.

Should be interesting to see what it does around Sandown now, as prior to R's and suspension the car was doing approx 1.35's.

Will have the video in the car so should make for some interesting viewing.
      Alex Webster

Comment

Good luck guys...

Comment

Go and bother drive the rice bruners and moderns mad !!!! Have fun an good luck.

Comment

Enjoy you lucky buggers! The rest of us are very jealous.
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

How'd you go?
              MichaelJapp
              71E
              Typ901 #065
              EarlyS #798

Comment

Well just staggered into work after a long weekend!

Car went SOOOOOOOOOO well. Big thanks to Marcus who spent the $$$ to make the car what it is, and for giving me the opportunity and trusting me to drive his car at warp 9!

Overall, I have not seen the results for the driver results, but I managed to finish 8th overall outright, and 12th on handicap! So overall a very pleasing weekend considering we had the 2nd oldest car on the event with nearly 100 cars competiting. Even managed to get a 2nd outright and 4th outright on one of the events (driver and co-driver combined!).

Marcus drive really well, being his first rally it took him a couple of runs to get in the groove of motorkhana's, but I think he is fired up for next year and contemplating twin plugging the car, and widening it to fit 7's under the rear, so we can go for a top 5 result!!

Great work out for us and the car for the 6 hour in a few weeks.

Great people, lots of mates do it so it was one big drinking session at night, great cars, with awesome drivers... some of the guys in the Evo's and STI's are just amazing with their car control!

More when Marcus writes the article! Lets see if that over gets off the ground!!
                Alex Webster

Comment

guys,

congrats on a top result - and unbent car!

Comment

If he doesn't write an article including lead up info about the before and after of the car then I am not doing any more magazines either!

Alex you can provide some photos correct?
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I'm sure there are a few photos tht must ahve been taken.....

Comment

Working...
                      X