X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic Adelaide 2006

Hi all,
    just got back, but great week.
    Have started the thread, but will let the winners give their glory in detail!
    Alex
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Results at;

The 'Curnick/Winter' pair look to have been pretty successful - well done boys. :p

The 'Websters' were obviously enjoying the scenery

I presume there'll be plenty of photos and stories posted soon!
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Aussie RS (ex Brian Power car) bites the dust permanently up the end of Andrew Beggs car I hear. Hope Andrews car fared better.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Here's a few snaps, seems to have been plenty of carnage on the last day. Everyone seemed to having a blast.

Anyone got a cage for sale????????
        Attached Files
        MichaelJapp
        71E
        Typ901 #065
        EarlyS #798

Comment

just back - fantastic event as always.

we had a great run and backed up last year's 8th with a 4th!! (our highest finish to date). we chased VERY hard for a typ901 podium finish on the last day - but didn't quite get there. we knew we had come close as we had a fun/nervous wait in parc ferme as the event drew to a close...

no real mechanical issues except we last our speedo drive and thus our trip meter on the morning of the 1st day. simon did an incredible job of navigating/calling without it.

it was great to see lots of typ901er's during the event: alex, nic, andrew, justin, shane, michael, cameron

very sad to hear of andrew's DNF but i'm sure he'll be back next year.

i'll try and post some pics and some more detail when i find my desk...

Comment

yeah good week as always.

Glad to see the Ryan and Daisy team get up to 4th. I thought they were in with a shot of top 3, but as you can see, Ryan was trying his heart out with the back end stepping out on more than one occassion! You know that you are trying. We on the other hand never even had a tyre screech! The car went great (356) and now are 4 for 4 in Classic Adelaide entry, finish, and plate, and no damage at any stage! So we could not be happier than that!

Sorry to see the damage to Tiger's car, I am sure that it will be back on the road soon enough.

Great dinner on Friday to meet some of the guys in person.

Will post some stuff on the Sandown thing when I get the chance.
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

things were pretty damn tight at the pointy end. we made only three mistakes in the whole event (1 half spin on cold tyres and overshot 2 blind corners). we estimate this cost us about 30 secs which was our deficit to 3rd place.

nonetheless, we had a blast and will return next year.

ps. i also think we were the highest placed team running without service and fuel crews...

Comment

Well speaking from the less experienced side of things I can say we had ana bsolute ball. The Thoroughbread Tour is a great way to introduce yourself to this type of event without going the whole hog. We gave things a reasonable nudge without the pressure of competition and had a fat time the whole way through! Good to give the old girl a punt on some fantastic roads.

I think that finances willing, we will be starters in the Competition section next year. I would love to get a copy of the pace notes, even for just one stage if anyone is willing to share. I just want to see how much detail they have and how they work. Happy to pay costs.

Great to catch up with everyone on Friday night, thanks to Shane who I hope wasn't left too out of pocket by the whole experience! My mate who was out every day taking photos is going to email me through a selection so more shots to come....
                Photos are us at Prologue, Yellow '66 (Register member from SA), and our twin, a 72 or 73 S. And yes I passed a TYP 901 card on to him!
                Attached Files
                Cam Arnott
                Looking for engine #6208151
                1970 911E (Sold)
                '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

cam,

it was good to catch up again. good to hear you're considering competition section next year.

send me your email and i'll try and shoot over some pace notes. they make you a bit faster and a lot safer.

by the end of sunday's dinner i had drunken plans for another crack at the podium involving:

1. completely reconfiguring my car as some sort of lightweight RSR MS-class monster
                  2. running with no spare or tools etc
                  3. running splash and dash with a fuel crew

but i've since calmed down a little...

Comment

Awesome week!!!!
                    Thanks again to Shane for organising dinner on Friday...

Ryan and Daisy had an awesome result - not so good for the Taylor/Taylor team.

Officially we came second last. Well, second last out of the ones that finished the event.

Day one was great, we're stuck in late classic though we where the fastest 2.7 (sitting about 11th) amongst a bunch of 3.4 Carrera's.

Day 2 - driving along a transport stage and bang. Apparently there's a pin at the bottom of the distributor - it had snapped and gone missing in the engine. We spent the rest of the afternoon at Mark Poole's - we found the pin and rebuilt the distributor - we where lumbered with 200min late time.

Out of the running, we re-joined on day 3 and just had fun. The car was perfect (apart from our freak incident) and I still have the grin on the my face.

Great cars. Great company.

I have a lot of pics, will try to post some tonight.

Cam - PM me your address and I'll send you some pace notes.

Already looking forward to next year.
                    Nick

Comment

here some more pics.

lots of folk enjoying dinner.

my car in bits at the service park for the nightly brake bleed and spanner check

coming over the line.

daisy and i pointing at our parc ferme sticker (at that stage we thought we were about a 30% chance of making the podium) and getting calls from alex asking where we ended up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

in the last pic i'm trying out for a future role as a promotional tool model with man's best friend: the battery powered rattle gun. (daisy was a little upset it didn't make the bbbzzzzzrrr noise they make on the telly...)

and last but not least. here is the taylors - still smiling after a very trying day 2
                        Attached Files

Comment

here's my last pic. hopefully nic, justin, cam, shane et al will post some of their shots
                          Attached Files

Comment

you call that a jump?
                            Attached Files

Comment

mmmmm.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X