Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critique

Guys,

A friend of mine is looking at bringing this car in from Germany. I think he could do better ex US but would appreciate any comments from the collective wisdom of the register.

Thanks

Hippo

see below...sorry
    Last edited by TonyC; 10-12-06, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Andrew

Is it restored or pristine original? (would want to be latter). Great original examples are now very rare and consequently who knows what cashed up enthusiasts/collectors are prepared to pay. Check out my ex 73E now back at CTS - I understand they are looking for circa $130K.

What does he want to get out of it - investment? driver? concours?

No matter it looks like too much to me on the basis of equivalent values here, but its the market that has the final say. You could buy a clean Oz 69T in RHD for $60K nowadays, but it would cost substantially more than another $30K to get it up to concours standard and it wouldnt be an "original" car anymore.

Maybe your friend needs to know that corrosion issues arent as big a problem here as in Europe and that good clean driver, when and if one turns up, would be substantially cheaper than this one.

Comment

I agree with Tony, what does your friend want to do with the car ? Drive it or look at it ?

This dealers car does look nice but what are the hassles with shipping out of germany ? USA is hard enough....
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks Gents I will pass on the advice.

He is looking for a genuine tidy sunday driver that can be used and improved over time.

I will recommend he keeps looking.

Andrew

Comment

There will be a quite nice looking 2.2 T on the market in Melbourne soon, if it has not been sold already. I saw it in Carnegie about 3 weeks ago and spoke very briefly to the driver and told him about this website. It was white/light/ivory - sorry - and he was from interstate. Selling, as he was moving to a place in Melb where he could not garage it. As I don't have his contact deatils this is possibly useless info but I thought worth throwing in just in case. Engine lid lettering was gold, maybe Clyde will buy it to get his missing gold 'S'? I agree with Tony's comments, depends what he wants to use it for.

Cheers
            John H

70 T

Comment

I know Peter Rohan who owns that car, he was from canberra and we had many emails over time and swapped lots of pics. It was a genuine Aussie car and looked good and he has done some work on it. Think it would be a good opportunity for someone.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President
              Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde.

If you happen to catch up with Peter and he is selling a few photo's and a guide price would be appreciated.

Hippo

Comment

Will see if his email is still current haven't been in touch with him for ages.
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                  X