Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unofficial Run - Saturday 16 December 2006

Some photos of this mornings run.
    9 cars in total - with the trophy going to Stewart in the 356 notch-back and the best sound from Alex's new exhaust system.
    All in attendance except Brett. Great effort by Duncan to get there from Daylesford via Darwin.
    One minor mishap - one of Paul's headlights bit the bitumen, fortunately at a slow spot so only minor damage - he's now literally a one eyed typ901 fanatic.(as shown in one of thhe shots)
    Attached Files
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

This one has some faces attached to the bodies.
    Attached Files
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901

Comment

Great morning, run was great again apart from the stones, did not know that many could exist on one stretch of road.

Rookie of the year Award goes to Duncan, driving just over 2 hours to join the morning run - awesome effort and great car. Dad knows the original owner of his car and remembers it when he first bought it!!!

New exhaust is awesome, got a smile everytime I got past 4000rpm!!!

Have a safe and merry christmas everyone!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Beautiful cars, great weather for such a run!

Comment

Lots of fun, except for one of my headlights letting go – cr@p German engineering, think I might trade in for something bullet proof – like an ‘E’ type.

Just kidding.

Great to see everyone, and thanks to Peter for running salvage for me.

Cheers
          Paul Wischer
          1969 911T
          1979 Californian Moke
          TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Here's some more shots which don't add much to Peter's excellent pix giving the flavour. Except maybe the one near the end which shows precision parking which just happened by accident.

I thought I had a great shot of Paul's newly one-eyed machine passing the parked light ivory seagulls, as though they had pecked the headlight out, but - woe is me - the camera had turned itself off unnoticed. But I can draw it for you, just send money.

Great run, thanks Alex for getting it going and Peter for doing the maps. It must have been an interesting drive earlier this year in the wet!
            Attached Files
            John H

70 T

Comment

oops- tailpiece:
              Attached Files
              John H

70 T

Comment

Fantastic photos John.
                The 'precision parking' photo with Duncan's beautiful signal orange '69 S flanked by the four white cars is a superb photo, Well done.
                I think that as long as this Club exists a run such as we did on Saturday should be mandatory for the week prior to Christmas - cripes, if there's enough interest I'll even do it on Christmas morning :p:p - and if I do, I'm sure to be attending the family court in the New Year - but it'll be worth it
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901

Comment

Looks like the bends were too much for you Peter looks like your throwing up out the door in one pic I can see. Great photos green with envy!!!!!!!
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                    Looks like the bends were too much for you Peter looks like your throwing up out the door in one pic I can see. Great photos green with envy!!!!!!!
                    ...........not so Clyde, just admiring my beautiful mint condition door pockets.. But "throwing up", reminds me of the drunk who threw up all over an unfortunate fox terrier tied up outside the pub. On looking down, the drunk said "I don't remember eating that!"

Although the photos are good they are taken during the stops and don't really show the fantastic roads that we drive. Next time I'll take more time and shoot a couple of scenic shots along the route - but not at speed, especially the section where the road narrows to a single lane - very hairy!!.
                    Last edited by MrUpwey; 18-12-06, 09:10 PM.
                    Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901

Comment

Working...
                    X