Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early taillights

Hi

I've been told that my 68S has got later model taillight lenses on.

Are these the right taillights? Are they well-priced or can I get them cheaper locally?

Thanks!

European Lights, early ones are one piece....

Hey there mate !

USA sourced lights won't suit a "European/Rest Of World" spec car, as USA sets have an all red lens configuration, ie with no amber for the turn signal. From memory the front's don't have the white park light either.....

I know the very early cars had a one piece lens/housing (can't separate the two), near unobtainium to find now, made for just a year or so. Lisa at Spyder kept aside for me two new unused pieces for SA119 of the original type lenses - super rare (thanks to Lisa).

I have the four different '65 Typ901 part numbers listed somewhere (RHF, RHR, LHF, LHR), I'll post them. These are for a '65/66 car, not sure if they suit a '67/68/69.....

You'll need to source "European" spec lights with the white(reverse)/amber/red lenses.

Cheers

SCK.

Comment

European Lights, early ones are one piece....

Hey there mate !

USA sourced lights won't suit a "European/Rest Of World" spec car, as USA sets have an all red lens configuration, ie with no amber for the turn signal. From memory the front's don't have the white park light either.....

I know the very early cars had a one piece lens/housing (can't separate the two), near unobtainium to find now, made for just a year or so. Lisa at Spyder kept aside for me two new unused pieces for SA119 of the original type lenses - super rare (thanks to Lisa).

I have the four different '65 Typ901 part numbers listed somewhere (RHF, RHR, LHF, LHR), I'll post them. These are for a '65/66 car, not sure if they suit a '67/68/69.....

You'll need to source "European" spec lights with the white(reverse)/amber/red lenses.

Cheers

SCK.

Comment

Thanks!

Btw, how cool is it that you own the first 901 in Oz...

Comment

It's possible that I have later model taillight housings.

Photo:

I might have to replace the whole housing - is that right?

Comment

Best way to check is to look for the part no. There are two locating/fastening screws, one at each end if they are early- unscrew the lamps and check the part numbers 901 XXX XXX X or something similar. The early '64/5/6 lamps have a prisim type reflector inset into the lamp by the brake light section. These on your car do look right for a '68 car......best to check the part no's. They do look different to the early style lamp as I can't seem to see the prisim reflector.

I'll dig up the correct early codes tonight. Cheers.

Comment

Yours is the first car ordered and delivered to a paying customer isn't it? I just read the article from the 50th anniversary magazine... lovely photography.

There are earlier chassis numbers - 300475, 300502. I know where 475 is, do we know where 502 is?
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
              1961 356B #114700
              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
              X