Deus in the Porsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deus in the Porsche

Sydney siders attended a great breakfast in Camperdown at a place called Deus ex Machina ('God in the Machine', for those of you that don't remember your latin from year 10).

Excellent food, great atmosphere, fun bikes and a group of about 16 x 901ers and some great cars. For those of you that are interested it's worth a look at there website - www.deus.com.au

If your wondering about the bike in the photos it's my other weekend transport.

Pics attached.

Thanks Ryan for organising and apologies that you couldn't make it.
    Attached Files

Andrew, tell us/me more about the bike - looks great
    MichaelJapp
    71E
    Typ901 #065
    EarlyS #798

Comment

thanks for the pics tiger - i was bummed i had to miss it.

michael - the deus 'thing' is loosely based on a japanese custom scene which involves starting with reliable jap bikes (normally big single cyls) then changing all of the ancillaries to a cafe racer sort of style. they really trim the bikes down. some of the before/after shots are barely recognisable as the same bike. very cool.

i think andrew's is based on a 200cc (kawasaki ?) trail bike.

ps. matt's green T just gets cooler every time i see it...

Comment

i love green!!!
        i love green!!!
        i love green!!!
        i love green!!!
        i love green!!!
        i love green!!!
        i love green!!!

and there is an interesting history behind deus ex machina...
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_ex_machina.

just reminds me of caecilius est pater!!!! (the cambridge latin course materials are out there on the net somewhere for those sad people who wish to relive those great days)

Cheers

rich
        Richard Griffiths
        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Love the Deus!!

Great place to spend money - shirts are very cool - me in the middle - fav T,

Shane
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice pics Andrew!!! That bike is very cool indeed!
            Ryan - Shame you couldnt make it, I cant wait to see and hear the new beast. P.S. thanks for the comments on my car....the bumper and rocker trim are being deleted!, then stripe moved down to correct position. How are you going with your stripe/trim decision?

Comment

Great look Matt
              Paul Wischer
              1969 911T
              1979 Californian Moke
              TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Bike is based on Yamaha 200cc single cylinder and comes as stocks standard in this form (see attached), hope this doesn't spoil the mistery.

Easy to ride, cheap parts and like a porsche bullet proof. It's also lots of fun... and acts as a cheap convertable.

So as the ad says "Gas Up and Go"
                Attached Files

Comment

Andrew - i can see a italjet scooter v deus motorbike race looking...

Matt - i grabbed a set of burgundy stripes something like the 1st pic below, then justin derailed my plan with the green setup in the 2nd pic below. i think i'll pop the burgundy ones on and see how they look. i'm torn on removing the deco strips and rubbers as, although i prefer that look, the car is just so neat/stock as is. if it wasn't for the exhaust and the cage it wouild be a sleeper... (plus i think pulling the side covers means filling holes in the rockers - let me know how you get on with that).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ryan, I like the burgundy. Is that Bob Tiltons silver car? That's very nice!!
                    Im a bit relaxed about removing the trim now. Hopefully it will be done in the next month or so.
                    I have a signwriter that can print off any colour stripes, based on the white ones I have...if anyone is interesed.

Comment

Leave the trim strips Ryan... I'm sure the car I photographed had them.

Will pull out tranny of rear three quarter.
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                      1961 356B #114700
                      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                      X