No announcement yet.

Car sales - 1972 911S Targa $190k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Nick, I had a 2006 Cayman and I agree, they are such a fun car and not so over priced, that one worries about the kms added on the odo, or just driving the limits. Some good cars seem to reach a ceiling and stay around there. Early MG T series, Alfa 105s, Lancias, some early Mercs, and so on. They creep along in value but don't seem to have the average trend line of early Porsches . Maybe it's a numbers thing.

Comment

and me back to 105 Alfas Hugh a 1750 series 2 is a greta car in my opinion and not expensive even the restored ones
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Fiat x19
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Bmw 2002

Comment

Originally posted by JulianG View Post
            Bmw 2002
            Yes, early BMWs are still amazingly good value. E28 M5 has finally started moving up in price, but most of the others are still a bargain.

Comment

fiat 850

124AC

honda zot

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                and me back to 105 Alfas Hugh a 1750 series 2 is a greta car in my opinion and not expensive even the restored ones
                Yes Clyde,

Probably one of the best cars I have ever owned. Sold it to my son after 4 years and he had it for 6 years. High geared and supple handling.
                Attached Files

Comment

Maybe there is a new thread here.
                  "ones that slipped away?"
                  Mick

Comment

Maybe the thread is: where will you go when the fun is finally priced out of the air-cooled Porsche market!!!

Comment

This one makes it look cheap

Bonhams Fine Art Auctioneers & Valuers: auctioneers of art, pictures, collectables and motor cars

Comment

Goodness gracious.

Any of the 3 earliest Lancias on Carsales would suit me, especially the Fulvia Zagato.

My first car was a Alfa 1750 Berlina and I still have "own a GiuliaSuper" on my bucketlist - along with "yellow Ferrari" - 360s look great value at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by martin.stafford View Post
                          Wow . . . the half a million dollar 2.4S. Who would have thunk it a couple of years ago?!

Comment

One of the reasons I didn't buy Mitchell's project S was the thought that at the end of the resto I'd be too bloody scared to drive it because it would be too valuable…….sobering thought and I guess its the driver vs collector mentality.

Even my old ST made me think twice about binning it on the race track as I wouldn't have been able to replace it in a hurry…..guys that race their '64's and '65's are very brave IMHO!!
                            Cam Arnott
                            Looking for engine #6208151
                            1970 911E (Sold)
                            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                            2 x Split Screen Kombis
                            TYP 901 Register # 78
                            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

I think when you are appraising the expected selling price of this car you need to remember it has provenence and association to Richard Hamilton who owned it for 3 decades from new before it passed to his son. He was the supposed founder of pop art so it will be highly sought by a wide spectrum of investors /collectors and may make double what it would normally make frp that reason alone.
                              Nev

Comment

Mk1 Lotus Cortina's are hot this year, I hear...

Originally posted by npvpositive View Post
                                Maybe the thread is: where will you go when the fun is finally priced out of the air-cooled Porsche market!!!
                                Mark Munro
                                '69 911T (sold)
                                '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                                '69 MG Midget Group S car
                                TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Working...
                                X