No announcement yet.

1972 RHD 2.4E at Oldtimer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a inspection done by a reputable Porsche mechanic on the car and stop guessing.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Vimal - an interior retrim and tidy of carpets etc is more likely to be $6-$10,000 depending on how good you want it.

Paint back to the original colour would be circa $20K

No salt on our roads so cars are generally more rust free than European cars.

I think RHD cars are maybe 10% of the total number but I stand to be corrected.
      Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Paint and re trim I said and that assumes there is no rust
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
          Have a inspection done by a reputable Porsche mechanic on the car and stop guessing.
          Good advice Sean

I am unaware of any place in Australia that I would be comfortable to send an MFI pump for repair off to the states or back to Bosche are the best options
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President

Comment

Thanks Cameron

Also mrar - there's no time for an inspection (which would be the sensible thing to do) - as there are others interested - hence the questions.
            Vimal

Comment

What about Luke's $117k 911E currently for sale?
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John - any details of that 911e - I haven't seen it advertised

Comment

Originally posted by vimal View Post
                  John - any details of that 911e - I haven't seen it advertised
                  On carsales, here... http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...SSE-AD-3438878

Comment

Originally posted by vimal View Post
                    ... as there are others interested...
                    I'm sure it's hard to manage this buy from the other side of the world, but for what it's worth Vimal, sellers will always 'have others interested'.
                    Good luck with it.

Comment

Lukes car would appear to be in better condition than the one being discussed, its just the VIN number issue which is deeply discussed on another thread here.
                      sigpicPhil Lack
                      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                      Early 911-S Registry # 690
                      R-Gruppe # 367
                      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

That's a fair point scotty! I'm pretty much committed as I've been speaking to the seller for a while and about to buy - but I will find out if a basic inspection is possible. Any recommendations from the forum on who would be good and local (time would be the key thing here).

Comment

C'mon Qld gang who has time and can help Vimal

Tread cautiously Vimal it hasn't been snapped up in the past week or so which may tell you something
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

Vimal, I'd be happy to have a look for you - but I won't be quick about it as I have a pretty busy week through to the weekend (and it's not what I do for a living ).

Probably the fastest and most reliable would be Don at T&D. If Terry still owns Oldtimer Garage, he'll know where to send it for you.

I have to agree with Clyde. Some of the most astute early 911 guys are either members here or lurk here. If the car is worth $169k, it would have gone. I think you owe it to yourself to do your due diligence thoroughly. And that segues into Luke's car...

Through due diligence there were issues found with it that lead into some pretty thorough investigation. It is definitely an Australian delivered RHD 911E, with a correct E engine, no question. But it shares a VIN with a twin car... The other thread will give you background. If your intention is to take the car out of Australia, there's probably not a better car to consider... And you'd save $50-60k. Maybe more...

No dog in the race for me - just offering up an alternative car to explore.
                            John Forcier
                            Restoration Saga

Comment

Here's a read for you http://www.typ901.org/showthread.php?t=5938
                              John Forcier
                              Restoration Saga

Comment

Thanks all. John - the vin issue on Luke's car would be a concern even outside Australia. Thanks also for offering to look. I'm speaking to Mark Jansen at oldtimer. He has been very decent and straight - but not sure if he will wait too long for an inspection. Any details on Don or T&d so that I can get in touch?

Comment

Working...
                                X