No announcement yet.

1958 356a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or just do the rusty sections and throw in a big VW engine and rat rod it.
    Sometimes there are more surprises on cars that look a lot better than this one. At least you can see the holes are they are not covered up with bog. $40k would go a very long way in panel work, respray and a VW engine. Just don't take it to a Porsche shop.
    It is a RHD 58!

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
      Or just do the rusty sections and throw in a big VW engine and rat rod it.
      Sometimes there are more surprises on cars that look a lot better than this one. At least you can see the holes are they are not covered up with bog. $40k would go a very long way in panel work, respray and a VW engine. Just don't take it to a Porsche shop.
      It is a RHD 58!
      I'm with you Jim...

Comment

It is usually the rust that you can't see that is a greater worry in 356's. If you can see that much then there will be a heck of a lot that you can't see I suspect. Have a look through the 356 Registry if you need some guidance on related costs.

Or buy it and store it for 10 years and let capital growth build the equity.

Comment

Hows does one determine if its matching numbers, Aussie delivered etc

Comment

a game changer in the eyes of many 356 apparatchiks

About Kustom Coach Werks About Kustom Coach Werks Latest Posts Latest Posts

Comment

Originally posted by FAP911 View Post
              Hows does one determine if its matching numbers, Aussie delivered etc
              I suggest that you ask on the APF 356 forum. There is a Hamilton's database for all Australian delivered ones. My 356B was for example, delivered by Hamilton's and I was able to get the original sales document and also I obtained the Kardex showing its delivery and all numbers as matching.

Comment

Chassis and Engine no are non matching on this car

Comment

That is not unusual on 356's. They are so old and the motors did wear out and were changed. The 356 guys don't seem to put the same priority on the matching numbers as the 911 guys in my experience.

Comment

Just letting the forum know

Comment

Thanks for the update guys

Comment

At least it still appears to have a 356 motor!

I remember in the late 70's and early 80's there were quite a few cars running around with vw engines / type 4 engines, whatever to keep them running. Owners were often penniless but loves the cars to death!

Justin

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                        That is not unusual on 356's. They are so old and the motors did wear out and were changed. The 356 guys don't seem to put the same priority on the matching numbers as the 911 guys in my experience.
                        Justin Reed
                        aka Reedminor
                        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                        1961 356B #114700
                        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

FYI sold today for $79k plus 15% buyer's premium.

Giddy up!

Comment

My guess of $62k was way under!

Comment

Hmmm. Seems a lot with what will need to be done.

Comment

I wish the new owner luck..... I wonder what they have planned for it?

It would seem that the perception is out there that 356's are undervalued then.

Throttle Shop have 3 very nice ones around 250K. Heavens knows what they will take or what they are getting? 3-6 months ago I would have said these cars were worth 130 -150 based on other known sales (and there aren't that many).

So I think we may be seeing a paradigm / perception shift in 356 values..... or perhaps the horse bolted before our very eyes.

JR
                                Justin Reed
                                aka Reedminor
                                1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                                1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                                1961 356B #114700
                                Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Working...
                                X