Cam Arnott
      Looking for engine #6208151
      1970 911E (Sold)
      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
      2 x Split Screen Kombis
      TYP 901 Register # 78
      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Looks like a peach Cam. How many k's? Was it word of mouth? I haven't seen this one
        Mickc

65’ 912/6
        70’ 911T coupe
        00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Looks wonderful Cam. I know next to nothing about these cars - is it a Club Sport? I see there is a Club Sport coming up in the next Shannons auction in Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
            Looks like a peach Cam. How many k's? Was it word of mouth? I haven't seen this one
            If you look at some of the previous posts you will see I alerted Cam to this one at a workshop here in Melbourne. It wasnt advertisied.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post

If you look at some of the previous posts you will see I alerted Cam to this one at a workshop here in Melbourne. It wasnt advertisied.
              You must almost be back to full strength Phil, claim that spotters fee.

Comment

Cheers guys and thanks again Phil! It has about 200K on it - originally I was going to pass and keep looking for something with less kays but these things are built like Panzers and swallow high mileage pretty well. The main thing to watch on these is the balance belts, and cam chains & tensioners for the Variocam system.

Only 60 Clubsports were delivered here - I reckon with a few being written off, four converted to Turbos by Peter Fitzgerald and one went to Hong Kong a while ago (ex John Bowe car) there might be 50 cars or so left. Quite a number were raced in period as well. Initially I was not that keen on the 2+2 vs the 2 seater but I figured if it was used as a road car for most of its life its had a more gentle existence! I also wanted a car with a/c (these have a Nippondenso system which is really good) and there were a reasonable number delivered without a/c so that narrowed the field down as well.

I chased Stew Kays ex car for a while as I also know the original owner, but the owner changed his mind about selling so this one it is. At about half the cost of a similar vintage 964 and a very similar performance level its just a no brainer for me. Also these things are very trackable as you can imagine and were actually voted the best handling car in world by a couple of UK car mags back in the 90's. I also have a Wheels magazine where Dick Johnson rated it above everything else it was up against such as an RX-7, M3 BMW etc.

I also like the fact they are a bit of a dark horse and not many people know about them ;-)
                Cam Arnott
                1970 911E (Sold)
                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                TYP 901 Register # 78
                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post

You must almost be back to full strength Phil, claim that spotters fee.
                  Yes Chris, am recovering well back here in OZ. Dont like the cold weather though; my last week was spent in California on the beach and it was hard to leave.

I was happy to point Cam in the right direction as I wasnt sure if the car was for sale, but you dont know of you dont ask. Glad he and Kane could work out a deal. I must admit when I first saw the car at Kanes place, I too was tempted as I know what great cars they are. Our early 911's are getting just too valuable to thrash them around on runs these days. Jason at Chequered Flag bought an M3 and I too have been looking at these as a 'fun' car as you cant beat their perfromance for the price.

sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Great find Cam! Enjoy.
                    Tom Laube
                    Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                    VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post

Yes Chris, am recovering well back here in OZ. Dont like the cold weather though; my last week was spent in California on the beach and it was hard to leave.

I was happy to point Cam in the right direction as I wasnt sure if the car was for sale, but you dont know of you dont ask. Glad he and Kane could work out a deal. I must admit when I first saw the car at Kanes place, I too was tempted as I know what great cars they are. Our early 911's are getting just too valuable to thrash them around on runs these days. Jason at Chequered Flag bought an M3 and I too have been looking at these as a 'fun' car as you cant beat their perfromance for the price.
                      Phil,

Despite my car's value I use it, I want to use it, and quite frankly I think its criminal if we don't. Other wise the cars just become furniture, or worse still museum pieces.

Providing we have adequate insurance coverage - I see absolutely no problem in us using them. My hero is Nick Mason who encourages Brundle and Hales to race his 250 GTO hard (despite it being worth north of $50 million). His only condition is for them not to put the car on its roof.

Yes I know there are newer and very competent cars that are worth a fraction of our 901's that we can buy, and some people are doing that, but its not for me at the moment.

As Marco and his later father from tlg say - "let's drive these pigs!".

Justin
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                      1961 356B #114700
                      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post

Phil,

Despite my car's value I use it, I want to use it, and quite frankly I think its criminal if we don't. Other wise the cars just become furniture, or worse still museum pieces.

Providing we have adequate insurance coverage - I see absolutely no problem in us using them. My hero is Nick Mason who encourages Brundle and Hales to race his 250 GTO hard (despite it being worth north of $50 million). His only condition is for them not to put the car on its roof.

Yes I know there are newer and very competent cars that are worth a fraction of our 901's that we can buy, and some people are doing that, but its not for me at the moment.

As Marco and his later father from tlg say - "let's drive these pigs!".

Justin
                        That's a great attitude Justin, good on you.

What about your 356, do you drive that also?

Comment

Yes when I'm in Sydney Chris.

I took it out to Bathurst at Easter for the Historics and Prod Sports Enduro. I spectated, I didn't race!

My younger brother Emerson drives it too, he was raving about the car n coffee that @the Escape Road (member Matt Hart) organised last Sunday. Emo's 9 year old is getting the bug. His son's middle name is the same as my late father's christian name - Brian. It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

JR
                          Justin Reed
                          aka Reedminor
                          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                          1961 356B #114700
                          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Congrats Cam , that P car feeling again is priceless - well done Shane

Comment

Nice Cam ... love that colour combo which is the best of all in my opinion and the one I'd seek out.

I've owned 2 of these folks, one the red 2+2 and the other which was the only midnight blue M030 car sold here , a 2 seater (Clyde drove this one and chucked me the keys to his LHD white RS for a run; first and only time I've ever driven a '73 RS - thanks again mate !!) Both of which I daily drove for a number of years - I reckon about 4 for the blue one and 5 years for the guards red one. Made money on both after all the use too - try doing that on most if any cars.

There's little to tell the M030 apart from the standard CS spec in daily use - both are well buttoned down with plenty of grunt and pace - as Cam said price to performance ratio vs a 964 or 3.2 Carrera is attractive.

theyre rare too
                              60 CS's delivered -
                              14 M030 less a couple wrecked (I know them) and 4 turned into Fitzgerald RS Turbos leaves only a half dozen or so worth owning
                              13 2+2's - no detriment to performance and super practical

I'm playing around with a very low km manual early '79 928 at the moment ... gold with pasha ... but would have another CS in an instant and plan to again someday !

well done mate - a nice buy ...

cheers Stew.
                              Last edited by 1st; 07-08-17, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Cheers Stew - interestingly the owner to your old red car contacted me yesterday to say his was back on the market......Some people make it hard to buy cars from!! (long story). Anyway if anyone else wants one I can put you in touch or he may have re-posted an ad on Carsales.
                                Cam Arnott
                                1970 911E (Sold)
                                2 x Split Screen Kombis
                                TYP 901 Register # 78
                                Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
                                X