WTB - Porsche 964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Hugh, I knew you'd be able to point me in the right direction

Overall, not many Aussie delivered cars to pick from! When you factor in the autos, there's even less.

I'm glad I hadn't narrowed my search to wanting a 1991 C4 Targa...

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
      the stats are here on the site http://www.typ901.org/local_links.php?catid=1&linkid=36

cabs dont quite outnumber the coupes but there were lots of them (in a relative sense). however with the 996's cabs did outnumber coupes in 1999 and 2000 by the look of it
      Manual coupes and cabs were the rarity; the Tiptonic was new and sold well.....that's the rub now when we find in a classic no-one wants a tip.....

Comment

a bit like sportos.... that were popular in high level 2.4's and Carrera 3 litres.

Justin Reed
        aka Reedminor
        1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
        1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
        1961 356B #114700
        Instagram: reedminor

Comment

and tiptronic 993 Carrera S.
          Justin Reed
          aka Reedminor
          1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
          1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
          1961 356B #114700
          Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Not quite local but........http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-911654438.htm
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Lots of bang for your bucks; but the white interior is a bit out there for my subdued taste!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Arnott View Post
                Not my cup of tea really but I like how you think Cam and I did consider NZ as an option. Anyone know the in's and outs of getting it over here and registered??

Comment

Ex NZ

Getting it out of NZ is not the problem, I purchased the 2.4 out of Auckland some years ago.

I think the issue is it being post 1989 and its need to comply with ADR's.

Originally posted by Nevada51 View Post
                  Not my cup of tea really but I like how you think Cam and I did consider NZ as an option. Anyone know the in's and outs of getting it over here and registered??
                  Craig
                  12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                  1972 2.4E Targa project
                  1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

I believe that the critical date is 1 Jan. 1989. If a car is manufactured on or after that date unless it falls within an exception you won't get permission to import it. There must be a few 964s that were made before that date that are eligible for importation.

Comment

Cam,

I looked at the red manual one lurking around south yarra and on and off car sales. Poor panel repairs, filler, gaps, broken sunroof, headlining falling off, rear shocks worn out, little servicing the list goes on and on. Not worth considering except for parts. Truly a disgrace to the marque
                      [B]M.P.Lanza

Comment

Originally posted by mario lanza View Post
                        Cam,

I looked at the red manual one lurking around south yarra and on and off car sales. Poor panel repairs, filler, gaps, broken sunroof, headlining falling off, rear shocks worn out, little servicing the list goes on and on. Not worth considering except for parts. Truly a disgrace to the marque
                        That's great feedback Mario. I never bothered looking at it as the interior put me off. Not worth the asking price by the sounds of it. Price jumped from the $60k's to $75k.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada51 View Post
                          Yep the last 964 is now off carsales. Price moved around a bit on that one. I wasn't a fan of the tan interior with the red piping. The blue auto with the linen colour interior disappeared the other week as well. I am prepared to wait for the right car.

There's been a few on carsales in the last six months that lasted a matter of hours on there, hence would appreciate any leads for cars off market.

Cam
                          The blue auto with linen was mine... Sold to a nice fellow in Sydney.

Comment

Working...
                          X