Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michel View Post
    Anyone interested in a 3 gauge 65

Worthy of its own "for sale" thread, surely?

Yours or Roni's

Comment

sold? But I just saw it. Noooooooooo

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the interest, I could have sold it ten times over !!

Final payment has been made....car is definately SOLD & new 901 member arriving soon.

Kind Regards
        Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
        1994 993 (road car)
        1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
        1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
        PCV #528

Comment

Looking forward to seeing it and driving it later this week when it gets to Brisbane

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS1 View Post
            Looking forward to seeing it and driving it later this week when it gets to Brisbane
            Me too
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
              Me too
              Cheeky bugger

Comment

I suppose I should have just said "welcome"?
                John Forcier
                Restoration Saga

Comment

Also welcome Steve. Look forward to meeting up with you.

Comment

Steve,

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on buying the 912. It took 92 minutes from the time I posted the car for you to contact me & be first in line so well done !! I'm sure you will enjoy the car as I have. Like all 50 year old cars it will need some love / attension however you will find the 901 forum members are a wonderful source of help & inspiration. I do have a touch of sellers regret so I expect you to give me first option to buy it back for a THIRD time if you ever decide to sell....ha ha...

For those who have kindly inquired I have reinvested the 912 funds into the TNT sponsored GT3 which was active in 2000-2001, achieving 1 x fastest lap plus 5 x podiums in that period. The youtube clip below shows it racing in period on the Gold Coast.

2000 GTP Nations Cup - Gold Coast - Race 2 - Round 7, Race 2 of the GTP Nations Cup.

The car was ordered in early 1999 by TNT & I've been told by multiple sources it was the first GT3 delivered into Australia (the chassis also indicates it was built very early in the mk1 production). The car has only done 19,000km of which most are race km's. Since it's retirement from GTP Nations Cup it's competed in the Victorian Sports Car Championship, numerous PCV events & tarmac rallies.

I intend to maintain it's TNT history & use it for targa events so you may see my trusty 911SC on the market soon. It's been an wonderful rally car that's won it's class & managed to place as high as third up Mount Buller (evidence attached...ha ha).

I will miss not having a pre-73 but hope to rejoin the crew once my finances recover. As always a BIG thanks to everyone on the forum for all your friendship & support.....

Cheers
                    Attached Files
                    Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
                    1994 993 (road car)
                    1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
                    1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
                    PCV #528

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club Steve.
                      (....and just to confirm that even though Matt has sold his 912 he is still a TYP901 club member)
                      Peter Williams #049
                      Secretary TYP901
                      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by MrUpwey View Post
                        Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club Steve.
                        (....and just to confirm that even though Matt has sold his 912 he is still a TYP901 club member)
                        Matt is dead to me.

I recall crawling over the TNT GT3 in 2000 - my now retired mechanic was Tony Quinn's motosport tech. We were trying to steal set-up specs for Tony's new at the time GT3
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

Cheers guys. I look forward to meeting you all through cars&coffee, or whatever events are happening.

Hopefully the car will be a keeper Matt, but 1st option to you as we discussed on the phone. But with that gt3 it looks like you'll be doing aok nice work there!

Matt, how would this 912 go on a sprint? Brakes drop off quickly? Suspension soft?

Comment

Working...
                          X