No announcement yet.

WTB sporto gear lever (pre 75)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess would be the previous lack of fulcrum points is the main reason for the abnormal wear.
    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by Bremith View Post
      Yep that's him thanks Hugh. Anyone ever seen wear like this??? No wonder there was some slop in the action...
      Mitchell did you get the shifter?

I need a good contact bush / microswitch if you want to get some $$ back on the shifter purchase?

Ben.

Comment

Yep just waiting to see it, pics coming in morning so will update you. Are they available again from Porsche yet?

Comment

I don't believe so - have another Porsche order to do so will check tomorrow.
          Last edited by ELSPORTO; 22-06-16, 09:15 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Ben: lever came sans switch sorry. You could try David for switch?

I was not looking forward to pulling apart the lower part of the lever having read stories about refitting springs but it all went smoothly. Pulled apart a manual shifter I had and picked the best bits. Unsurprisingly the shift action is monumentally improved.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cheers for the heads up Mitchell.
              Good to see your shift issues are sorted!
              Ben.

Comment

You could of bought it around and I could of welded it up. Fill and grind and it should of lasted for a long time.

Comment

I offered to do the same when he was over on Sunday, Jim.....
                  Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Originally posted by ELSPORTO View Post
                    Mitchell did you get the shifter?

I need a good contact bush / microswitch if you want to get some $$ back on the shifter purchase?

Ben.
                    Hi Ben, Not sure why you need a new switch, but if your switch is sparking and causing premature wear you should look at the little black diode at the top of the vacuum control valve. I recently saw a valve that had the anti-spark diode removed causing massive sparking across the contacts!
                    Bill A.

72E Sporto (still is)

Comment

Thanks for the offers gents

Comment

Originally posted by 72_sporto View Post
                        Hi Ben, Not sure why you need a new switch, but if your switch is sparking and causing premature wear you should look at the little black diode at the top of the vacuum control valve. I recently saw a valve that had the anti-spark diode removed causing massive sparking across the contacts!
                        Hi Bill,
                        the plastic housing is actually cracked ... and it's been glued ... several times ... and also has a hose clamp around it ...

Definitely need a replacement before too long!

Comment

Working...
                        X