No announcement yet.

My 1969T is For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't think I'd see the day that you'd sell her.

Comment

Hi All

I've had quite a few enquiries (thanks to those of you who've contacted me). It would seem a weekend hotrod isn't for everyone which is fine and somewhat expected - but I am surprised at the amount of people who want a 'daily driver' type of car. I dunno, perhaps it's just me but I'd rather drive my old automatic airconditioned falcon ute day-to-day

I won't give my car away but I'm prepared to offer up an option that may make the car more attractive...

The car's original engine is in good condition and I am thinking of re commissioning it along with a correct 901 manual gearbox. I'll keep the RS engine and 915 for a future project. The caveat here of course is that the original is a 2.0 T spec engine pumping out a whopping 110hp But it certainly would be an easy engine to live with day-to-day. Box would be a nicely geared AFMSX 5 speed. If anyone is interested in this option and a price adjustment down, let me know. It would be a perfect opportunity for a new owner to have the engine rebuilt by their preferred mechanic to a better spec (2.2S or even 2.3 ST spec) without altering the case and keeping the car matching numbers - but breathe some life into the package. I'll also add a pair of really nice heat exchangers so heat can be used again.

Just tossing the idea out there
      Last edited by Fishcop; 05-11-16, 11:30 AM.
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I don't think you need to drop the price John, it was only a few months ago that people were paying north of 200k for an average aussie delivered matching car. maybe you have to brave carsales?
        Mickc

65’ 912/6
        70’ 911T coupe
        00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
          I don't think you need to drop the price John, it was only a few months ago that people were paying north of 200k for an average aussie delivered matching car. maybe you have to brave carsales?
          I think those cars were the exception and somewhat special - E and S cars too I think?

Please save me from the Carsales route!!
          John Forcier
          Restoration Saga

Comment

John
            could it be the tyranny of distance ? Would you consider leaving the car with CTS in Sydney ?
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
              John
              could it be the tyranny of distance ? Would you consider leaving the car with CTS in Sydney ?
              No offence to CTS/Duttons/Ecurie etc... But honestly, I'd rather come to an agreement with a buyer that works for both of us than let 15% go into a third party's pocket.
              John Forcier
              Restoration Saga

Comment

Spent the afternoon hauling the original 2.0 T engine out...
                John Forcier
                Restoration Saga

Comment

if I had the coin I certainly would love to own your car John , being on the board since inception it has been constant source of visual joy for me, I can only imagine what it would be like to drive

Comment

Thanks Shane. I suspect the T engine will be a little underwhelming, but we know a lot now about the 2.0 and what can be done for very little extra money during a rebuild to breath some life into it.

The engine being built for my green car should get me 165-170 reliable Hp and that is just a matter of improved pistons (CR) and camshafts (ModS) plus a larger oil pump and carburettor tweaking. It's pretty much the same engine as the blue car's so I do encourage anyone who might me interested to chat to me before the original engine is all back together and in, as it's the perfect time to have your mechanic build you the engine to your preferred state of tune
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

I'd like to get serious about moving the car before xmas. Lots of life things happening, no free time, and I'm trying to simplify my life Plus I'd really like to concentrate on my 68 car!

Remember, matching numbered Aussie delivered RHD with no identity doubts, cool correct colour, wonderful interior, fully sorted and upgraded suspension and brakes, and always a head turner.

I'm open to offers based on the car coming with the original engine and a 901 box which are currently out of the car (but can bolt in for transport). It's a real chance to to have some fun and get the correct drive train singing to your liking.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 4 photos.
                      John Forcier
                      Restoration Saga

Comment

Whats happening with this John? If still for sale, its pretty good value compared to some of the hotrods and back dates around at the moment
                        Mickc

65’ 912/6
                        70’ 911T coupe
                        00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

I accepted an offer on the car very recently. It will be leaving me shortly
                          John Forcier
                          Restoration Saga

Comment

moving on.
                            well done
                            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post

moving on.
                              well done
                              That's how I see it. I have a 68 to build...
                              John Forcier
                              Restoration Saga

Comment

Fishy good to hear that you can now focus on the 68L and a bit of track work. Even better that you are a face on the forum again even though in your words it is a bit beige. You have an opportunity to liven things up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X