Selling my 912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the car went a bit cheap...

But at the end of the day, it's the owners' choice to sell it on. Though I suspect if he hasn't changed the rego over, he's going to struggle to sell. That and he's committing an offence...
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Yep I'll recant some, its cheeky our friends in the USA call it flipping I think and as John says, its illegal to not transfer the ownership of the car. What does Matt think about all this.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

mmmm, i'm really not sure to be honest. Multiple buyers offered me more but I decided to honour my verbal commitment to sell to him. I'm a little surprised to see him flip it especially with it still registered in my name. Maybe I was a bit green on this one...ha ha...I have no idea how you can sell a car registered in someone else's name in a different capital city. It's a tough sell !!! I better call vicroads right ?
        Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
        1994 993 (road car)
        1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
        1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
        PCV #528

Comment

I'd be sending in my half of the transfer documents NOW!!!!!! as you are also liable for not following the law as both sellers and buyers have legal responsabilities in regard to vehicle transfers.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I believe (NSW RTA) that a car can be sold on by current owner while still in PO name. All that is required is appropriate paperwork detailing 'chain of custody' is evident.

Comment

Having just sold the Benz in Victoria, when selling a vehicle the seller must obtain a RWC. A VicRoads transfer form is completed in triplicate by both parties. The form includes details of both parties, purchase price and RWC details.
              The seller retains a copy and the buyerlodges the form, RWC and stamp duty payable to VicRoad to effect the transfer - this must be done within 14 days from date of purchase.

If a roadworthy is not provided, technically the plates should be removed and returned to VicRoads. It's very risky (and unlawful) to trust that the buyer gets the roadworthy after taking possession, as the car is still legally in the seller's name.

From the info on this site, it appears that Matt's "sale" is a little dodgy - but it's really none of my (or anyone else's) business

See attached link

Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Matt, did you get him to sign a waiver so you are not liable for any speed camera tickets ?
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                X