No announcement yet.

Aussie delivered 73 RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what stage was I critical Justin, I just reported what I was told.

If any of it is not factual by all means pick me up on that but I don't think that will be the case.

I wasn't critical at all, hell I have never even seen it so I can't pass judgement and I didn't.

If your reading into it that I wouldn't pay $400k, your wrong again, I probably would in a weak moment, if I had it spare, as its a really rare car, but I don't have it unfortunately.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde,

I preface this by saying that Lloyd's a friend. However, I'm objective when it comes to the car.

I for one will really miss it if it goes out of NSW, and I hope Lloyd plans to still remain relatively active with something should he decide to sell it.

I obviously misinterpreted the 4 engines and the remark about the amount of dirt underneath it. These were obviously well camouflaged compliments.

In everything I've read in the advertisements and my almost 20 year knowledge of the car there are no immediately apparent misrepresentations... the car is what it is... a well used, raced and loved RS. To see it at Eastern Creek running in the Top 10 in the 1 hour enduro last year was just absolutely bloody marvellous. It was in the hunt in its natural environment.

There are many great things about these forums but I really get my back up when comments are made about cars by people who haven't even seen the car in question, but have heard of things. They're printed and instantly become fact. For this reason I very rarely post an opinion on someone's car, unless I either know my facts backwards or it aids somebody who is looking at it. God help me if I ever sold the green car... the bucket of bolts would be torn to pieces on the forums!

I'm not questioning your knowledge of RS's Clyde, or your right to comment. I just felt duty bound to give the commentary some balance.

As I said in my first post I wish both Lloyd and the new owner ( should it be sold) well. If they choose to restore, to leave or race good luck to them. I feel a toast will be in order for both Lloyd and the car at Bathurst where no doubt it will be being used as the good Dr intended.

Here endeth the sermon.
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

In the words on my son Justin.....whatever.

I repeat again I don't know the car at all and have made NO comment on it

They wern't camouflaged compliments, as you know, your just being a smart alec.

My knowledge of any cars or my right to comment is not an issue, don't know why you raised it, you supposedly have taken exception that I criticised the car, which I did not.

I wrote what I was told by someone who has seen the car...very recently.

Take me to task if the facts are wrong, I don't think they are, but I await your response telling me where I am wrong.

I to hope he gets heaps for the car, its rare and hopefully someone will love it as much as the current owner. If I had the money I would be like Jeff I'd try to buy it in a heartbeat at a market price for such a car, no matter what condition it was in, but like I said last night I don't. So thats the end of that.

Here endeth the response to the sermon
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
        X