FS: 911S 1972 on Carsales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
    Still there and not sold had that confirmed today Hugh has confirmed uits Aussie I'll let him outline the info he has uncovered.
    i have seen the car and it is the 4 speed one that was changed to a 5 speed a long time ago. I dont think that affects price / desirability except that it may make it MORE desirable than originally.

It does have flared rears but they look well executed to me and are a bit like Phil's blue car - not quite original but allow the wider rear wheels and are a bit more stable on the road as well as being a period modification

these seem to be SC flares to me if i have the differences between these and RS ones correct - see photo

the engine is not original to the car - however it is built to full RS spec and is only 20 or so years old instead of being 40.
    So downside it is not "numbers matching" upside it is effectively the same power plant as RS. Who knows where that balances out - depends on the individual - some may prize it more , some less but it is certainly priced under what a "numbers matching" S would be

the seats are later after market recaros - original ones would bolt straight in

Apart from that i did not have a close look but if i was in the market bfor an early car - and was not obsessed with originality but wanted something functional without being too non original i would give this a good looking at
    Attached Files
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Definitely SC guards - just as my car has.
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
        Definitely SC guards - just as my car has.
        I heard today that the car is sold, and going to a good home. It shows that good cars are still selling well, on their merits as cars, in this case despite having a "non matching" engine - which i can reveal now was built on a NOS un-numbered case with almost all new internals. That probably will start a debate on the merits of un-numbered replacement engine cases versus another engine with different numbers. This has been a debate with RS's over the years and my understanding is that a un numbered factory replacement case ranks below the original of course but often above another non matching engine even with the right type number.
        as an aside there is a good chance that the buyer may rationalize his stable and a RHD big bumper (75?) carrera with original 911/83 (RS type but later year) engine may find its way onto the market soon.
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

That's good. It's certainly a pretty car.
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Cracking car at a great price some decent seats and some minilites on the rear you'd have a nice STish hot rod.
            Must be half a dozen G series Carreras on the market at the moment at price points from $60K to $160k all been on the market a long time.
            Craig
            12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
            1972 2.4E Targa project
            1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Still on Carsales this week.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
                Still on Carsales this week.
                Definitely sold. Probably don't know how to delete from carsales.
                Hugh Hodges
                1973 E
                Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Yes I met with the new owner this week as he is keen to replace those incorrect seats.

I will let him announce himself about his new acquisition . He is a well known and respected Porsche identity who will do the "right thing" with the car.

I encouraged him to come on a Sunday morning run with us one day to meet other TYP901'ers and let his car be amongst "friends".
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Yeah he can drive at the back otherwise none of us will ever see him
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                    X