No announcement yet.

Hello and some advice please ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I bought the yellow 912 referred to above - I've spent 30 years with (almost exclusively) British cars - from Hillman Hunters to Astons to MG to Jaguar, although have flirted with a BMW 2002 and a Fiat 850 sports, as daily drivers.

I feel like I've had a revelation though! How can you have so much fun for such a relatively small amount of money (for a car that has hit it's sweet spot - ie about 45 years old, so all us middle aged blokes can push the prices up!) at 35 to 40 miles an hour!

To me the lhd isn't an issue (apart from car parks) and at the price point you can get a car that is reliable, but still provides plenty of scope for those satisfying DIY jobs. To sit and look at it is a pleasure, and the directness and lightness of the steering, together with the ride is so rewarding.

The economy will improve, the possible losses at this level are negligible over the medium term.

Mid corner, the chassis number, side of the steering wheel or conversion (if done well) are a long way away!

Thanks for reading.

Julian

Comment

Good one Julian, worthy of its own thread I think! With pics.

Comment

Welcome Julian, sounds like you have finally seen the light after all those dark years with British cars.

Welcome to the club and hope to see you join us on a run soon to show us your car.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Phil and Chris,
          Thanks for the welcome. I'll introduce myself on a new thread soon - apologies to Adam for jumping in here.
          Regards
          Julian

Comment

Adam the LHD aspect is interesting. I enjoy as, for me, it adds to the distinctive experience of these cars and to convert some of the older 911s now to RHD could actually reduce their value as prices increase internationally. I assume that you are looking through these:
            Year: 1965 VIN Number: 300356 Winning bid: US $7,700.00 Sale date: Feb-28-06 Notes: The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price.

Comment

Working...
            X