Thinking Getz myself!
    You'se can go and getz......!

Comment

oKay...
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Gone

Car has gone this evening

I looked at it as a favour over the weekend for the new owner. I don't mind saying that having physically looked at it, Simon's assessment of his car was spot on. It's easily the most solid and corrosion free* car I've viewed in a long time... It's not without it's little issues such as the un-pretty flares and thick bog, a few missing interior bits and pieces, and some other other odds and sods. If you can get past the "incorrect" but well running 2.7 engine, then this was a great entry to early 911 ownership. A genuine AU delivered RHD car in a nice and fairly rare colour and (I think it's okay to say) <$40k 'early' car...

Apparently they're still out there, congrats to buyer and seller!

*Corrosion was limited to some surface bubbles caused by bad prep on a previous paint and some other blemishes. There was no significant rust in the monocoque and that certainly surprised me.
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Way to go Simon. Happy for you and the new buyer.

Comment

I'm surprised it lasted this long, seemed like a solid starter at a fair price with enough scope to deal with any issues and not end up under water.

Given it is as AUS car I wonder what the chances are of finding the original engine.

John, local buyer? Might have to start a SE QLD blue 901 sub-register, mine was also blue (metallic) originally.
            Jeff Eelkema
            TYP 901 #132
            S-Reg #1431
            69E (project)
            various bevel Ducatis
            60s Vespa

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Eelkema View Post
              I'm surprised it lasted this long, seemed like a solid starter at a fair price with enough scope to deal with any issues and not end up under water.

Given it is as AUS car I wonder what the chances are of finding the original engine.

John, local buyer? Might have to start a SE QLD blue 901 sub-register, mine was also blue (metallic) originally.
              It went to Sydney....overnight.

See ya guy's,I'll stick to my Ferrari's.
              Mind you,I have a Targa prepped Volvo P1800(1962) for sale

Comment

Simon,

Johns endorsement is a good as he has seen rust, so pleased it was sold and hopefully the publicity created here, good or bad , had a hand in getting the job done.

Good luck with your Ferraris.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by SimonKlein View Post
                  It went to Sydney....overnight.

.....................errr,no it didn't....it stopped at Raymond Terrace with an electrical glitch..the new owner left it there and caught the train and is taking his trailer to pick it up today.
                  No power at or from the coil.

Comment

It got so close to home! One of those things you just can't predict. I suspect it's the DME... it happens.
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by SimonKlein View Post
                      .....................errr,no it didn't....it stopped at Raymond Terrace with an electrical glitch..the new owner left it there and caught the train and is taking his trailer to pick it up today.
                      No power at or from the coil.
                      actually it stopped in Heatherbrae… almost Raymond Terrace

in the absolute flogging rain, rescued by the TYP901 travellers network, said car overnighted in Newcastle on the back of my trailer and very grateful driver deposited at the railway station.

car collected today, once on the trailer fired up first go with a replacement CDI box, which i didnt have in my spares ...
                      Craig
                      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
                      1972 2.4E Targa project
                      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
                        actually it stopped in Heatherbrae… almost Raymond Terrace

in the absolute flogging rain, rescued by the TYP901 travellers network, said car overnighted in Newcastle on the back of my trailer and very grateful driver deposited at the railway station.

car collected today, once on the trailer fired up first go with a replacement CDI box, which i didnt have in my spares ...
                        Bugger......so needless to say,driver/buyer/owner, then towed the trailer with the tow car on it, home with the 911!!!

Comment

Nice Job Craig, I know the driver it forever in your debt.

Besides the CDI issue (can happen any time) the car ran very well on the trip.

Comment

Good on you Craig.
                            John Forcier
                            Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
                            X