This has to be good buying now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikedsilva View Post
    He means me... sorry for that... but it is probably one of the nicer things I've been called.
    Gees Mike, you sure know how to put peoples noses out of joint...but I can take it.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Geeezuuusss how much were those carby kits Simon????
      Where are the photos?

Comment

I ALWAYS trust the law John! And yes I agree with you if that went for similar money the other one, logically would have to be a bit pricey.

Having said that there is a price, what? 30k or so to get in the game in any form and how much you spend after that to make it legal/original/fast etc has more options than two peanuts in a bowl

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
          Geeezuuusss how much were those carby kits Simon????
          Where are the photos?
          Pics of what?,the kits or the car.

Comment

Both!
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
              Both!

OK.
              First 2 are pics of kits already in-situ.
              Second 3 are......oh well I'm sure you'll all work that out.

Unfortunately the setting is less than it normally would be due to my sons Alfetta getting a carbys off job at present.
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Can't be too many of those in RHD floating about...
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                  Wow. Can't be too many of those in RHD floating about...
                  There are about 10 RHD S1's(the quad headlight),including 1 that's been chopped to a Testa replica,plus another 3 S1's LHD.
                  There are then about 7 S2's,of which at least 1 is converted from L to RHD.
                  Mine was purchased from the then distributor,WH Lowe,in Melbourne,picked up at Maranello and driven through Europe prior to shipping home.

Comment

Is that a cork gasket between the carb base and the intake manifold? If so it is thick.

Beautiful car. As much art as engineering.

I had a few Alfa 1750 105s that had a thick rubber 'gasket' between the Webers and the manifold, but side draft fitting and those always cracked and leaked air.

Comment

Well spotted Hawk eye Merv. mmmm That is thick. I like the car. It has a lot some other cars just miss. Massive boot and styling. Hard to achieve. It must get up and go???????

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                        Is that a cork gasket between the carb base and the intake manifold? If so it is thick.

Beautiful car. As much art as engineering.

I had a few Alfa 1750 105s that had a thick rubber 'gasket' between the Webers and the manifold, but side draft fitting and those always cracked and leaked air.
                        Merv,the gasket is more like bakelite than cork.
                        The Alfa ones you are talking about,I have just replaced on my sons' Alfetta GT and,as you know,are a common problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                          Well spotted Hawk eye Merv. mmmm That is thick. I like the car. It has a lot some other cars just miss. Massive boot and styling. Hard to achieve. It must get up and go???????
                          Yep,Jim.
                          It goes like s#*t off a stick,and handles well due to the bloke I bought it from living in Bris and tracking it when possible.
                          The S1's were considered ugly(still are by some)and many were cut up to make replicas,as were a lot of it's predecessor..the 250 GTE.

Comment

Being downdraft, those should be fine. The Alfa ones were always bound to crack as they held the weight of the carbs. Are there no poly ones these days?

Those Alfas are amazing how they just keep on going. Lovely track balance too.

Comment

Beautiful car

Comment

Back to the original car. No longer on car sales!

Comment

Working...
                                X