FS in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bremith View Post
    John: (Whilst I am not in the market for another 911, upon pain of death!) is it just me or is the link on page 1 of this thread no longer working?
    Yeah it seems all the electronic links I had are all expired, sorry. Anyone interested may have to go all "old skool" analog and phone Mike. PM me, I have his number.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I think this car will have sold by now as I spoke with Mike a week ago and he had a buyer lined up and just had to complete the deal.

Mike was vgood to deal with, and who knows if the lucky buyer might turn up here?
      Mark Branson
      1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
      TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

Mike is indeed a gentleman. Car had not sold as of yesterday...
        John Forcier
        Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of Racing View Post
          Agreed, the majority of the world market currently have LHD cars, but from am investment potential wouldn't you rather purchase a vehicle that was produced from the fact in RHD form, which from a numbers perspective in comparison to LHD is very low. Thus increasing its investment potential in years to come.
          But also its sought after factor many more people looking for LHD cars although it is true in the RS world that RHD vewrsions command the same or more then LHD counterparts
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I understand that perhaps more people than I thought/was told have had a look at the car and may be able to offer further insight. My specific comments on this car relate to the 'category' of car - being a conversion and not kardex correct. The car is not correct and can not ever be made correct. My biases lay in incorrect/hotrod cars as I couldn't just keep a car in a garage or worry about driving it.

Its a judgement call for the buyer to decide whether $70+k on such a car is appropriate in their circumstance and whether you can love a 'bitsa'. I can and do
            John Forcier
            Restoration Saga

Comment

To me, given the price, the apparent condition, and particularly the use of NOS parts to do the conversion, I can testify first hand, that for the money its good value, particularly if you are hands off i the resto - if you want the experience without being hung up about the conversion. And if the price for our cars keeps going at a 45 degree upwards angle to the right on a graph, it will also be a good investment one day.

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
              I understand that perhaps more people than I thought/was told have had a look at the car and may be able to offer further insight. My specific comments on this car relate to the 'category' of car - being a conversion and not kardex correct. The car is not correct and can not ever be made correct. My biases lay in incorrect/hotrod cars as I couldn't just keep a car in a garage or worry about driving it.

Its a judgement call for the buyer to decide whether $70+k on such a car is appropriate in their circumstance and whether you can love a 'bitsa'. I can and do

Comment

The market seems to say otherwise.
                It's been here twice & no takers.
                Moto

Comment

Maybe the "market" hasn't costed or experienced the cost to take a car and get it to what appears to be, this driving and cosmetic standard

Originally posted by Motolita View Post
                  The market seems to say otherwise.
                  It's been here twice & no takers.
                  Moto

Comment

The 'market' is not necessarily filled with knowledgeable buyers. Hopefully they find this forum and gain the knowledge.

Others may have to do it the hard way and buy a' bargain 911' and start learning why good cars command the price being asked.

Its always interesting to revisit CarSales now and again and see what dregs remain there when searching early 911's. Of course there are still some highly priced examples also sitting unsold.

Cars on this forum often dont last long.....
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I received a message from Mike today saying he has now sold the car.

I am still searching..........
                      Mark Branson
                      1969 Australian Delivered 911 ST Replica.
                      TYP901 Register # 349

Comment

This car just sold again @ $110k

So that's a credible benchmark for a very nice car with a 'proper' conversion, colour change, and gearbox sporto>manual.

It was terrific buying at under $80k 18 months ago...
                        John Forcier
                        Restoration Saga

Comment

After 3.5 years of dealing with a mate who wanted a tasty car... finally encouraged him to buy one. Heading to Canberra. I thought even at their 120k ask it represented value.

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                              After 3.5 years of dealing with a mate who wanted a tasty car... finally encouraged him to buy one. Heading to Canberra. I thought even at their 120k ask it represented value.
                              It's a quality car that won't let the new owner down.
                              John Forcier
                              Restoration Saga

Comment

It is a simple process though.
                                Chassis $$$$
                                Running gear $$$$
                                Paint $$$$
                                Interior $$$$
                                Wheels $$$$

It is a bloody bargain when you add all of that up.

What is a 7/10 body worth these day. No paint or running gear. $40-$50k?

Comment

Working...
                                X