• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mitchell arrived today.
    Sean.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by Bremith View Post
      ...and do you still have it and the Porsche filter?

Mahle website says (for both OC61 and OC54):

"View product: OC 54 Spin-on oil filter
      Superior filter media and its processing prevent decomposition and collapse of the filter under extreme conditions such as repeated cold start and high dirt load. Bypass and check valves assure constant oil supply at all times."

Are there 3 valves in the Porsche product?
      Not sure how many valves were there but none in Carls!!
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

The ones I have are genuine Mahle products OC54 and OC61 which I would understand to be one of the most common and best regarded aftermarket filters and I suspect a lot of people here use them - my mechanic does and has for 30 years and he only uses the best stuff.

Mahle filters DEFINITELY have both drainback (to stop oil emptying out of the filter) and bypass valves (in case the filter gets clogged).

TecDoc Catalogue by TecAlliance - one of the world's leading global vehicle and spare parts catalogues for the automotive aftermarket based on the TecDoc standard.

"Superior filter media and its processing prevent decomposition and collapse of the filter under extreme conditions such as repeated cold start and high dirt load. Bypass and check valves assure constant oil supply at all times."

They've even made a video about them:

Comment

Working...
        X