356 B (T6) 1963
    911 2.0L 1965 SWB (sold)
    912 1966 SWB (sold)
    930 Turbo 1984
    997 Carrera S 2005

Typ 901 register #236

Comment

Very nice John.

Better get mine up for sale on Early S for $2K.

Comment

Hi guys managed to dig up some pics of some 1965 Australian delivered 912's

Looks like every one seems to have black painted dash with the same timber trim as seen Polorot & Stuart's Oz del 911's .

Below is an image of 350502 with the timber dash ( my old car )
        You can see some of the Polo red to the left of the gauges.

and one of 350696 ( now Chris's car )

350557 , 350698 and 350700 have also been reported with the same black and timber trim .

When I first got 350696 I thought it was a painted dash car due to the red paint under the black but soon learned that it was the way that they were painted at the factory . The whole car would be painted in body colour first including the interior then they would mask and paint the black on the dash , doors edges and other interior parts . So body colour can be found under the black of any 911/912 dash .

I have never seen a RHD painted dash 912 or even an image on the net . I'm sure that some might exist and would love to see one !

Comment

mr fryer when are you going to paint your dash?
          Last edited by Michel; 17-04-15, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I have replied to the original poster (Cam) by PM regarding the wood trim.

Suggest other contributors use google (https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...0dash%20images)
            and or the 912 Forum

Comment

I never thought my post would open a can of worms! All interesting stuff though. Thanks for all the responses.

Cam

Comment

Good info here. http://forum.porsche356registry.org/...0f21a&start=30

Comment

How good does that painted dash look!

Comment

Is the alum backing on the fascia factory, without aftermarket? Anyone with an early 911 or 912 comment on whether they have or not the alum backing on their dash

There also appears to be some variance in the timber used I have seen some sets with more 'feature' than the ones posted here

Comment

Working...
                    X