No announcement yet.

73T Targa UK delivered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure it was $110K when i saw it ?? - i took notes - but did not take a screen grab

did anyone happen to get the numbers on it and whether it has a non matching E engine or a matching T engine that had been converted by Phil Hearn to E MFI specs
    Last edited by HughH; 05-06-15, 05:51 PM. Reason: details about price added
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Phil Hearn should have all the details on his computer as he records all this stuff against the car and client.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Yes when I looked at it in May 2014 when the buyer was paying the deposit. Numbers were ;
        Vin 9113511003 Eng 6531978
        From memory I do not believe it had a paint I/d tag and it needed a good clean up and a bit of r removal.
        I found the old ad it was $43,500 with a RWC
        Nev

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
          it was $110K

did anyone happen to get the numbers on it and whether it has a non matching E engine or a matching T engine that had been converted by Phil Hearn to E MFI specs
          Converted in every sense by Phil to E specs pistons barrells injection the whole lot in 1996
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by mr901 View Post
            I'm so depressed & not really enjoying my 901 love anymore...I can see no upside in the recent price increases at all !! Cars are moving from enthusiast to collector, from racetrack to heated warehouse and I'm too scared to trade any spare parts for fear of never being able to buy them back again.....I wonder if Ferrari owners felt this way 20-30 years ago ?

I liked it when we were an odd minority....

Cheers
            Spot on, Matt! It's really sad because I fear that down the track 901's will become like 356's - so valuable & expensive to repair that you rarely see one on the road anymore, with owners too nervous/precious to drive them except on special occasions! It's one of the main reasons that attracted me to early 911's in the first place when I bought my '69T - the typ901 crowd seemed so much more my type of crowd than the 356 guys...

Even now that I have moved over to the dark side of G series cars, I do miss my 901 & keep dreaming up ways of getting one back in the garage one day! But I fear the prices will keep rising making it impossible...

(Although given how the prices are going on 3 Litre Carrera's, I COULD almost double my money in 18 months & cash up to buy another 901... :p ... now if I can just work out a way to have both....)
            Mark Munro
            '69 911T (sold)
            '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
            '69 MG Midget Group S car
            TYP901 Register #196

Comment

I'll have to retract the 3 times UK value estimate in my post above because for some reason or other I had in mind that the asking price was $46k. As it was $105k the car's value in the UK is more likely to be another 30% on the local asking price.

Comment

Working...
              X