No announcement yet.

1972 911E coupe for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Phil, definitely a Nordhavn dreamer, no current boat but have spent the last ten years aspiring to retire early, sell up and live on a Nordhavn (55 has been my favourite but the 47 is more marina friendly). When you look at the price of a decent pad in the better parts of Melbourne or the Mornington Peninsula versus a second hand 55 plus cash in the bank to run her it's no contest!

Came across this 57 at Docklands in January, not a 55 but still a cracker!
    Attached Files
    Cheers,
    Matthew

'71 911E Coupe

Comment

I have a Clark 4.0 with a 25, if you want to swap for the E Phil I am your man!
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
        Never seen the attraction of stink boats
        As an old M5 I say, "Point and shoot sir" I want to simply get there, get the pick in and enjoy
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          Hi Sal, my brother is just back from Havana for a few months. Plan is to buy a boat in Florida and cruise the east Coast and Caribbean and will probably drop into Hemingway marina to visit him sometime.
          How cool Phil. And well deserved. Don't forget to write the memoirs as you sail.

Comment

Originally posted by LJP View Post
            Hey Phil, definitely a Nordhavn dreamer, no current boat but have spent the last ten years aspiring to retire early, sell up and live on a Nordhavn (55 has been my favourite but the 47 is more marina friendly). When you look at the price of a decent pad in the better parts of Melbourne or the Mornington Peninsula versus a second hand 55 plus cash in the bank to run her it's no contest!

Came across this 57 at Docklands in January, not a 55 but still a cracker!
            Matt, that N57 belongs to a friend of mine and my yacht was moored on the same row a few pens down. I believe "Speedbird' is now up in Sydney doing more cruising. It was originally owned by a Concorde pilot hence the name. David bought it about 4 years ago. These are now getting cheaper as they age.

I tend to agree with your thinking about the cost vs benefits of having a retirement home you can move around.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Paul W View Post
              Figured you were going to trade up the Buizen. Never seen the attraction of stink boats but I admire the plan.

Phil's brought this car on several runs and as many will attest, it's extremely well sorted.
              Thanks for the endorsement Paul. However i wouldn't really call a Nordhavn a stink boat as they move along about the same speed as the Buizen. We find we are doing more motor sailing these days so transition to a trawler is no big deal. But the finish and engineering on these boats is fabulous and they are extremely well built to travel across oceans.

Anyway, back to trying to sell the 72E....
              sigpicPhil Lack
              R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by LJP View Post
                Hey, that's my plan! Sell up in a few years, get a Nordhavn 47 or 55 (or by then a 52 or 60) and slowly work my way back to Aus. Living the dream!

If only I could cure my wife's tendancy to get sea sick....

Best of luck with the sale.
                I found Scotch helped ....

Sail for me. I was told by the Aussie authorities that I would need to pay lots of tax on arrival however. Further, up this way the real problem is getting marina space - at any cost.

Comment

I'm cruising in Cebu Philippines and it's a great lifestyle and have a friend who bought a nordhavn 47 for $50k usd. Only problem is it was flooded in a typhoon and the previous owner let the water sit in it too long so now the engine's need rebuilding, some fuel tanks are rusty and need's a lot of wood work, you guys think restoring a Porsche is hard, he had to cut the floor up just to get the fuel tanks out, these guys who build boats don't design them to be worked on.
                  I was going to add a pic but for some reason the image insert button doesn't work on my phone.

BTW good luck with the sale and sail, I guess I should get rid of my cars too as I hardly get to use them too.

Shane.

Comment

Phil,
                    Maybe you need to invest your money in one of these.
                    Peter D

TYP901# 233
                    911T Coupe 68
                    911E Targa 73
                    911E Coupe 72 (sold)
                    1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

The scary thing is that one day somebody will convert that limo back to a coupe.

Comment

Originally posted by PD Targa View Post
                        Phil,
                        Maybe you need to invest your money in one of these.
                        https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...SSE-AD-3969637
                        Now that is a crime.
                        Craig Sedgman
                        914/6 GT Clone Project
                        996 C2.1

Comment

Yeah I saw that ad on my carsales ferrari watch list. Pretty ugly.
                          sigpicPhil Lack
                          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Working...
                          X