Nice Australian-delivered 930 Kremer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Australian-delivered 930 Kremer

One of our regular Monday morning group turned up with this nice 500+HP Kremer 930. Strong car. 315 rears and Singer rims

I almost bought one myself recently,
    a very undervalued car in my opinion.

Comment

Years ago in Adelaide, I was taken for a ride out along the freeway towards Murray Bridge in a Kremer 930. We had 3 people in the car but it was still blindingly fast. We touched 290 kph at one stage. I remember as we entered the freeway again down the on ramp, we were doing around 160 kph as we merged onto the freeway and built up more speed. I was looking out the back window at the faces of drivers as we passed them at nearly 3 times their speed. It was scary how much power this car had. There was a turbo boost adjustment knob on the centre tunnel. I noted to the driver it was set at its lower setting. "Do you ever turn it right up" - I asked. "Only when I want to win" was his reply.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Nice one Phil, was it after that that you decided to get into speed camera tech?
        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Good one Phil. I like the sticker "get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!"
          This is nice car with a strong 5 speed gearbox well restored interior and I would think being less common as Aust-delivered? The waste gate noise is addictive. His 18 year old son was keen to drive it home ... it didn't happen.

Last edited by Merv; 26-09-18, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Merv you talk about it being less common as Australian-delivered. Having a September 78 build Aussie delivered 930 I can quote the numbers sold according to Porsche Cars Australia. There were 23 Turbos for 1978 and 20 for 1979.
            Anything with a Kremer 930 is a rare beast but so are Australian delivered pre 1980 930 Turbos, it was only after the "petrol crisis" that sales increased to higher levels.
            Nev

Comment

The one that sold via eBay from up here in Medowie was at Autowerks when I dropped in the other day.
              The Kremer rear lid strangely elongates the car to my eye but by all accounts a phenomenal machine.
              Craig
              12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
              1972 2.4E Targa project
              1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

The Ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
                  Nice one Phil, was it after that that you decided to get into speed camera tech?
                  Hi Sean, that ride was at a time I was in the sporting goods wholesale business. it was many years later I changed industries.
                  Interestingly the car belonged to a guy who owned a mercantile company. He was always running into people in financial trouble who more often than not, had some very exotic cars on lease - which he always managed to pick up for a song. The 930 was one of them.
                  sigpicPhil Lack
                  TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                  Early 911-S Registry # 690
                  R-Gruppe # 367
                  '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                  '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                  2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                  1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Slightly different angle on Aussie Delivered 930 turbos. I see that Classic Throttle shop just sold the low km (22,000) 1985 Aussie delivered 930 with an asking price of $388K. It was only recently listed

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
                      The one that sold via eBay from up here in Medowie was at Autowerks when I dropped in the other day.
                      The Kremer rear lid strangely elongates the car to my eye but by all accounts a phenomenal machine.
                      That was the car that I was negotiating on, I knew its history as it was an Adelaide car that I also looked buying previously in about 2009.
                      They are a bit of an acquired taste, visually.

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post

Hi Sean, that ride was at a time I was in the sporting goods wholesale business. it was many years later I changed industries.
                        Interestingly the car belonged to a guy who owned a mercantile company. He was always running into people in financial trouble who more often than not, had some very exotic cars on lease - which he always managed to pick up for a song. The 930 was one of them.
                        It's a good story Phil.
                        I remember a time when I was young kid sitting in the back of my stepbrother's stockbrocker father's 2dr Merc driving up to thier farm of a friday night. I could see he had a stubby of beer in his hand while looking over his shoulder as we were cruising up the hill, could make out 225km/h, that wasn't near at the top. My stepbrother next to me was oblivious to all this as he had his brand new original model walkman cranking.
                        How times have changed.
                        Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by klasikcis View Post
                          Slightly different angle on Aussie Delivered 930 turbos. I see that Classic Throttle shop just sold the low km (22,000) 1985 Aussie delivered 930 with an asking price of $388K. It was only recently listed
                          I just had a look on cts sold, nice.
                          Finally fitted a new altenator to my 77 today and drove it again (unlike the one above mine has a bit over 200k/ kms),loved it.
                          Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Just watched this.

"What a temper!"

300 cavalli senza il minimo filtro, un alettone gigantesco, fianchi larghi, uno scarico molto generoso e un'erogazione primordiale. La 911 Turbo non era e no...

He made made me smile.
                            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Thx Shaun. Well worth viewing and does a good job explaining what the attraction with the 930's is.

Comment

Working...
                              X