Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C3 at Bowdens

Saw this online today.

The last one did not last long at $95K ask.
    Soon these old cars will be out of most peoples grasp.

Makes the 84 sold here a few weeks ago seem to have very good residual value.

Comment

Nice colour... Would look sweet with the script and tail delete!

Mark Munro
      '69 911T (sold)
      '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
      '69 MG Midget Group S car
      TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Might want factory manual for that sort of money?

Comment

84 was very good value Merv.
          Thats right Mark would look great.
          I'm still looking for a flat engine lid, anyone got one?

Comment

A lot of them were sportos - my old Ice Green car which Autohaus Hamilton sold a few months ago was also converted.

Will be interesting to see how they go with this - they are selling the cars originality..... and the fact that it hasn't been extensively tracked.

I know of another car (ex Hong Kong) that sold in the last 4-8weeks as well.... but 135k is a big ask.

Only time and the market will tell. A lovely car by all accounts, and my favourite ib colour. Agree with marky mark about the tail and script.
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

If the mfi impact 2.7 Carrera is the poor mans car compared to the 73 rs, is the C3.o with 200hp/255 Nm@4000rpm (down 10hp but same torque coming in earlier) the poor mans car compared with the predecessor?
              If so watch the values...
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Wow ...

Comment

x2

Mark Munro
                  '69 911T (sold)
                  '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
                  '69 MG Midget Group S car
                  TYP901 Register #196

Comment

There is something unreal about all of this. So much disposable income being used on cars. I suspect it will end badly.

Comment

Carrera 2.7
                      Can anyone explain why demand or perceived demand is so huge to have a price so high. I think this price is way over 100% higher than say 18 mths ago. Have half been destroyed? The 73 RS link is fine to a point, but these were not built to satisfy racing requirements & developed as such so no real pedigree behind them (ex the engine).
                      I think rises like we have seen are unrealistic & unsustainable. Not even Sydney property has gone up so much. It would be difficult to name anything else that's rising so steeply.
                      Curious to hear others views.

Comment

I can't believe how high prices have risen.

There was a point where record prices were continuously being created, but I do note that some cars with "high" asking prices are not moving so quick now.
                        Doug
                        IG: @porschepicto

Comment

I can't believe how high prices have risen.

There was a point where record prices were continuously being created, but I do note that some cars with "high" asking prices are not moving so quick now.
                          Doug
                          IG: @porschepicto

Comment

Originally posted by Motolita View Post
                            Carrera 2.7
                            Can anyone explain why demand or perceived demand is so huge to have a price so high. I think this price is way over 100% higher than say 18 mths ago. Have half been destroyed? The 73 RS link is fine to a point, but these were not built to satisfy racing requirements & developed as such so no real pedigree behind them (ex the engine).
                            I think rises like we have seen are unrealistic & unsustainable. Not even Sydney property has gone up so much. It would be difficult to name anything else that's rising so steeply.
                            Curious to hear others views.
                            If you want similar performance specs/drivability to the 73rs touring you've got it in the next couple of years of the Carrera 2.7s. These cars inherited the racing development to a degree from the predecessor, whats not to like from the factory for less coin.
                            Last edited by mrar; 06-08-15, 07:30 AM.
                            Aus del 68 911S

Comment

I suppose I don't get the more than doubling of the cars price (ask) in 18 months.
                              Come to think of it I know of several other IB models being sold or advertised at around double what they would have been around 2years ago.
                              Must just be the large number being asked for the 2.7 Carrera that surprised me.

Comment

Working...
                              X