• Show
Clear All

I quite like those Fuchs training wheels you have hanging up there, Tim
    Damian Royce
    TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Originally posted by timp View Post
      Tony, I have to paint a mates drift car on Sunday. Good practice for when I paint the S��

Comment

These are obviously made from stainless????
        Don't they look great.
        Like the bloke who decided to paint every single piece of hardwood at my house. Why would you?

Comment

Targa bar complete. I sold off the ugly tail, and have put a temporary deck lid on until I can find a reasonable one to replace it.

Like it so much better already.
          Attached Files

Comment

A better shot I hope
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking the ducks' appendages Tim.

Comment

Yep Targas back in fashion. Even Mazda getting in on act for new hardtop mx5:
                Attached Files

Comment

A Break from the 70S

I'm taking a little break from to 1970S to do a few little jobs on the 76 Targa.

Given I have to sit in it, I thought I would take a look at the gaudy interior.

Cam sold me a RHD RS carpet kit a while back. I decided to use this for my base and get cracking. As I striped out the rear I found the parcel shelf had been vinyl painted along with the qtr tops. Thankfully the Qtrs themselves and the seats were original.

Lobster red was the go, and that made sense with a white car. In fact that was the exact colour scheme of my Carrera 3.0. While the carpet was originally red, I couldn't bring myself to do triple red. Salt and pepper carpets were the go.

I did some research and you can remove the vinyl paint fairly easily with paint stripper. I had a crack, and yes you can in fact do this quite successfully. Mine would have been a roaring success had it not been for the fact that the vinyl was sanded!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Most of the colour change processes require light sanding of the Vinyl.

Comment

It looked a little hopeless so I called in to see my upholsterer mate next door to my workshop. I took in the best specimen. He took a look and thought he had some Leather offcuts in the same colour. I managed to get enough to trim 1 door top and 2 rear qtr tops. I decided to bring the parcel shelf and the door panels to him to trim. The results are quite stunning.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I get that red on red can be a little OTT. I was thinking of this for my front seats but.....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Any suggestions considered...

Comment

Looks great Tim.

Comment

Probably more like this
                              Attached Files

Comment

That looks great Tim.......

Love the Tartan, but that would go without saying with my surname.

Comment

Working...
                                X