No announcement yet.

France to stop selling petrol/diesel cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the shift from CRT TVs to Plasma/LCD etc is an indicator of where cars are headed. Nature of the beast means economies of scale drive prices down snowball fast.

Can't see how it will affect prices of early 911s much in our lifetimes - rarity and desirability drive that ( and other forces no one understands). And petrol (in some form) will be available forever-ish.

I commute 200kms 4 days a week in a Prius. Will replace in medium term with a BMW i3 with the 600cc motorcycle engine generator in the bum. Shd just get me there and back on a charge in 60Ah version, the new i3 is 90Ah so goes 50% plus further.

Comment

Petrol/gas availability is something I have been wondering about for the long term for our cars. Here in the USA, they only have 87, 89 and 91 octane gas and ALL of it contains up to 10% ethanol. Its already a problem for owners of older cars here and fuel additives are a requisite here. I also wonder if Australia will head in this direction adding ethanol to all fuel products ?
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
      X