No announcement yet.

domestic espresso machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My in-laws bought me an Nespresso machine before the time George Clooney made them sexy in his adverts. The machine costs about $300 [$350 on special with the milk frother]. The bar pressure is up there with professional machines. Being a coffee nut it makes an excellent short black, the best I've sampled from domestic units. The cost of the capsules [pods] eventually over time will cost more than buying a domestic machine [say $1000] which uses grounded beans, however, but the quality of the coffee and convenience of using Nespresso I believe out weighs the additional expense. Perhaps however in the long term the cost comparison may balance out if you take into account the frequency of servicing/replacement of domestic machines against the .65 cents per capsule. The Nespresso is small enough to take on holidays or hide it in your office. You can even take to your next Porsche get together. Myer in most capital cities have a Nespresso stand where you can sample cups of coffee free. The frothing machine works well, producing rich foamy warm milk [hot milk is a no no as it will burn/cook the coffee. Once you buy the machine they set you up with an internet account and you can order on line for home delivery. They occasionally send me their magazine and chocolates. I particularly like the 'Arpeggio' variety [Italian word meaning chords struck in sequence!] which come purple capsules. If you like big cups of very hot coffee, it's not for you. [It's amazing how much time you can find to spend on the internet when you have a paper due for uni!]
    Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Vibiemme Super Lever

Hi all,
      and thanks for your input, Peter included...
      bit the bullet and for various reasons went for this baby and a KS grinder
      http://www.easycoffee.com.au/product...cat=416&page=1
      now all i have to figure out is how to use it
      regards
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Let me know how you get on, I've got a Silvia at home which has been a faithful servant for years, maybe time to upgrade?
        Just spent the weekend battling an automatic DeLonghi P.O.S, those Nespresso things are great, esp to reduce the "operators required skill level" & still get a good coffee.
        MichaelJapp
        71E
        Typ901 #065
        EarlyS #798

Comment

Originally posted by epilot View Post
          Hi all,
          and thanks for your input, Peter included...
          bit the bullet and for various reasons went for this baby and a KS grinder

now all i have to figure out is how to use it
          regards

nice!!
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

My one's called Nadia - Takes a lot of maintenance, but makes a great coffee & dinner & .....
            Marcus
            TYP901 Member #81
            1972 911E

Comment

Mmmm, Nadia....

Mine's called Leigh. But it doesn't work :p
              John Forcier
              1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
              1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
              Restoration Saga
              1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Isn't it great that our respective spouses don't bother reading this website:p

.................coming Julie. Just got to pop off to do the dishes, then I'll settle back and have a nice mug of.........."instant" coffee
                Peter Williams #049
                Secretary TYP901
                1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Yeah I'm braver than a kitten at a Pitbull kennel when I know my wife won't be reading
                  John Forcier
                  1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                  1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                  Restoration Saga
                  1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
                  X