Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
    Lovely Damien,

I wasn't suggesting this was the car I drove .... I reckon it was another one.

I'm very fond of the carrera 3's... And have some great memories of memorable drives in my 77 carrera 3.
    I had a look at your old ice green car online last week - I heard AH are doing a resto on it for the new owner. Nice colour.
    Damian Royce
    TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
      this caught my eye recently - though didn't realise the seats had varying extents of tartan used
      Yes aside from the seat trim variations, I think there was a few ways you could order the trim overall. Seats only, or seats, door panels and panel behind seats (seen when seats are folded down). I think there was also slight variation between 76 & 77 models, given the interior 'improvements' they made between 76 & 77.

Interestingly, most of the Targas I've seen via internet search (76 & 77) only show tartan on the seats and not on the door cards. Perhaps this was because of the open top driving factor...but I'm sure someone will chime in and post a Targa with full tartan spec
      Damian Royce

Comment

Congratulations Damian! It's looking like its has had a good clean since I last saw it!!

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
          Congratulations Damian! It's looking like its has had a good clean since I last saw it!!

Cheers,

Harry.
          It's amazing what a good wash and wax will do...
          Damian Royce

Comment

Congratulations Damian! great looking 3.0, especially that interior.
            Peter D

TYP901# 233
            911T Coupe 68
            911E Targa 73
            911E Coupe 72 (sold)
            1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Yes my 77 Coupe had the seats, door cards and rear parcel (behind where the rear seats fold up) in blackwatch tartan (the blue and green).

There were 3 types - Blackwatch, Royal Stewart (like on your car Damian) and Hunting Mckenzie (mainly on cars with cashmere interiors) .

My old car is apparently getting the interior restored, as it was converted into a tarmac rally car in the mid noughties.

Justin
              Justin Reed
              aka Reedminor
              1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
              1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
              1961 356B #114700
              Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Great car & love the trim
                Congrats
                Evan
                Spirit of Racing

71 911 E
                71 XY Fairmont

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Yes my 77 Coupe had the seats, door cards and rear parcel (behind where the rear seats fold up) in blackwatch tartan (the blue and green).

There were 3 types - Blackwatch, Royal Stewart (like on your car Damian) and Hunting Mckenzie (mainly on cars with cashmere interiors) .

My old car is apparently getting the interior restored, as it was converted into a tarmac rally car in the mid noughties.

Justin

I wonder how many years they had tartan as an interior option?
                  Damian Royce

Comment

I can't be absolutely sure but I have seen cars between 75 and 79 with tartan trim

It was particularly popular in 76 and 77.... With the carrera 3.0's and 3.0 litre turbos
                    Justin Reed
                    aka Reedminor
                    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                    1961 356B #114700
                    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

I can't be absolutely sure but I have seen... between 75 and 79 people with tartan trim

It was particularly popular in 76 and 77....
                      Plausible
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Michel; 29-04-15, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X