Leica M Interim Measures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
    Not a photographer's little finger here, but have you tried the micro 4/3 format? Seems lots of (smaller) body and lens choices. Live Merv I went with an Olympus body, but have some other branded lenses.
    Hi John,

And what do you think of the Olympus? I'm thinking about the EM5 II, I've travelled to Europe twice this year and didn't take the DSLR because it was too big.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Bought the Fuji X100T over the weekend. Very early days, and limited time spent actually taking photos to date. It does feel good in the hand and I do like the combination of manual control and technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Hi John,

And what do you think of the Olympus? I'm thinking about the EM5 II, I've travelled to Europe twice this year and didn't take the DSLR because it was too big.

Cheers,

Harry.
        Hi Harry,

I'm just not good enough a photographer to offer constructive advice. I pull out the Olympus for scheduled family portraits, events and trips - but even it can be inconvenient size wise.

In my ever increasing preference for convenient photography, most of my photos these days are taken using my iPhone and iPad mini in particular (it lives in the garage with me ).

My trip to RennsportV next month will be covered by my new GoPro Hero and a big @rse memory card. I find there is always at least one photography boffin/anorak I can mouch good photos off - just see my Cars and Coffee threads
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I have that camera Harry. I am no professional, but a reasonably skilled amateur with a good understanding of the parameters of light, speed, gradient, etc. My camera is not permanently on AUTO.

After years of Zeiss, Leica, and high end Canon DSLRs, I moved to the Oly, 4/3 mirrorless and also bought the best Zuiko lens I could get, including a telephoto.

On our trip to China it got a good workout. It is ultra fast, light, convenient, and has amazing colour rendition and incredible image stabilisation. Over considerable distance, at night, without flash and hand held it was fantastic.

I am most pleased with it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Merv,

The photos look great, the low light performance looks pretty impressive.

Which lenses did you get? I was thinking of the 12-40 and 40-150 f2.8 Pro lenses.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Hi Harry,

I'm just not good enough a photographer to offer constructive advice. I pull out the Olympus for scheduled family portraits, events and trips - but even it can be inconvenient size wise.

In my ever increasing preference for convenient photography, most of my photos these days are taken using my iPhone and iPad mini in particular (it lives in the garage with me ).

My trip to RennsportV next month will be covered by my new GoPro Hero and a big @rse memory card. I find there is always at least one photography boffin/anorak I can mouch good photos off - just see my Cars and Coffee threads
              Thanks John!

I'm a bit like you in that I find myself using my phone a lot but then I regret it when I get home and download the pics and see the results.

As much as I'd like to think a phone can replace a camera, it just can't (yet) so I want a camera that's relatively portable, fast and that takes great shots.

My wife's Canon G1x takes great pics but is too slow, the delay from the shutter press to taking the pic drives me mad.

Cheers,

Harry.

Comment

Harry,

I bought the Zuiko Pro 12-40mm 1:2.8 and the 40-150mm Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                  Harry,

I bought the Zuiko Pro 12-40mm 1:2.8 and the 40-150mm Pro.
                  Hi Merv,

I bought the EM5 Mark 2 Pro kit today (body and 12-40 pro) from Harvey Norman RRP $2099 on sale for $1520 which was the best price I could find.

A significant size difference between the old and new.

Cheers,

Harry.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Harry; 30-08-15, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying the 40-150 for the Rennsport trip. I tend to be a prime lens guy, but don't want to cart lenses around for this trip.
                    John Forcier
                    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                    Restoration Saga
                    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

I'm thinking of buying the 40-150 for the Rennsport trip. I tend to be a prime lens guy, but don't want to cart lenses around for this trip.
                      Hi John,

I'm trying to get a deal on the 40-150 I'll let you know if I can get someone to come to the party.

Cheers,

Harry.
                      Last edited by Harry; 30-08-15, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You wouldn't be disappointed John.

Comment

Working...
                        X