Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New purchase

I bought this, Alfa Romeo 1974 2000 GTV, 9006 documented miles from new

Original purchase receipts, many unused Vic rego stickers, all the original keys and while it has been painted externally (not stripped but painted over) it is in time warp condition elsewhere and with Kane Hearn's dry ice blaster will be made to look new underneath in no time.

If anyone ever sees Vic rego LAD 777 on another car I want it, the 2nd owner who bought the car with 704 miles on it after 29 years handed it in Feb 2007 in favour of a 6 digit plate and some how it has made it's way onto another car in Vic.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Terminator; 18-05-16, 10:32 PM.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Beautiful...

Comment

Love it. Great Colour.
      Peter D

TYP901# 233
      911T Coupe 68
      911E Targa 73
      911E Coupe 72 (sold)
      1974 BMW 3.0cs (sold)

Comment

Wonderful purchase Clyde. They are a great car. I have had two 1969, 1750's. The 105's are a lovely balanced vehicle. Are rear suspension rubbers and intake gasket in good nick? I imagine they are.

Comment

Yep 105s the ducks, I had a 1750 Berlina. Cost me a fortune to run but worth it. Always looking for a Giulia Super...

Comment

Absolute piece of Art.
            I love it.

Only thing that I dont like is the huge bump that it is going to give to 105 prices, on the cars that I have been looking at.

Comment

Sorry Chris.

Prices in Aust for these cars have lagged for a long time compared to the rest of the world a similar car in the USA with a lot more miles sold for $75k US not that long ago.

I have been searching for a good Series 2 1750 for along time with no success (I had owned several back in my youth and my first sports car was a low mile 1750 Series 2 which I drove as my daily for over 6 years with not one issue).

When this car became available I could not resist and Le Mans blue is my 2nd fav Alfa colour behind Pine Green.

It was interesting to note after my purchase all but one of the 2000 GTV cars disappered from Car Sales. Either sold or tucked away not sure.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Originally posted by Merv View Post
                Wonderful purchase Clyde. They are a great car. I have had two 1969, 1750's. The 105's are a lovely balanced vehicle. Are rear suspension rubbers and intake gasket in good nick? I imagine they are.
                Everything mechanical about this car is as new, doors shut easily, everything works and the ride is perfect on its new CN 36 Pirelli tyres.

Engine was removed and lots of gaskets replaced prior to being put up for sale.

Sadly owner #3 decided to paint the car, I know despite all the care taken with the car that the original Italian paint would have faded quite a bit, definately not painted due to body damage. Even more sadly is the paint is at best good certainly not fabulous so some paint correction may be required to get the car to the STD I desire.

Funnily I rang Shannons to insure the car and the operator was an Alfisiti who was excited to know where the car had gone.

He had a ducktail 1750 spyder, fav of all the Alfa Spyders for me.

Car will be off to Kane Hearn to return the underneath to new.
                Last edited by Terminator; 19-05-16, 05:34 PM.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

Original price $6688.00
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

There's a 1300 Junior on Carsales and one of the pictures shows the original purchase document with the owners name: Valentino

Priceless

Comment

Prez let's start a brakeaway 901 Alfa group !
                        Congrats prez
                        I've had my Alfa for 8 months now and am loving it easy to drive
                        there's an Alfa group on mornington peninsula that meets every Sunday for bfast and a drive they would love to see it I'm sure

Comment

This car is a serious concours contender if I can be bothered
                          Attached Files
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President

Comment

The Alfa is a lovely car to drive. I took mine to a number of events and unlike the standard early 911s, it has such a secure feeling when cornering. It kind of "walks" a little at the rear and let's you know that some traction is being lost.

My son also had one that had the useful unleaded fuel conversion. Prices here are still well below value. The suffer even more than Porsches with a reputation for rust and their interior fit out was more fragile than the Porsches of the time. Nothing that can't be done better now.

Comment

Insane Clyde! Thats incredible underneath

Wont be another in a long time like yours

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X