TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRIVER TRAINING DAY IS GO - ENTRIES NOW OPEN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRIVER TRAINING DAY IS GO - ENTRIES NOW OPEN!

I posted in the Phillip Island thread that good things were about to happen for the TYP901 Register with the Porsche Club of Victoria....

The PCV is going to run a driver training day for the TYP901 Register at the police complex at Attwood (Mickleham Rd Tullamarine)! We shall need to provide some volunteers to act as officials on the day to assist of course...we can also provide some driver trainers from our experienced bunch; names I have mentioned before.

The date has been booked by PCV - SUNDAY 18 JUNE. Mark this in your diaries now please! Approximate costs per entrant $100, based on 15 minimum. Lunch will be included. This event will not be open to PCV members unless we can't get the numbers (which I am sure we will). In any event, it would be great to have a co-club event of this nature - not only will you have the chance to learn a lot about your car but it will be loads of fun!

You will need a CAMS level 2S competition licence. As we are a CAMS affiliated club, please follow the link and download a licence form:

Motorsport Australia is a not-for-profit member-based organisation focused on the development, regulation and administration of motorsport across Australia.

Supp regs, entry forms etc shall be available shortly.

A very public thank you to Michael Chapman (PCV President) and Jeff Thomas (PCV Vice-president) for organising this event .

Please post your intent to attend so I can give the PCV organisers some numbers to aid with staffing for the day.

Cheers,

Great little track - lots of fun there.
    I am in for sure.
    Happy to be an instructor if required - if you think I am qualified enough!!!
    Also happy to official when not running.
    Ensure you bring your warm clothes, it does a little bit chilly out that way.
    Thanks PCV and TYP901 committee's.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Thanks Alex!

Just waiting on more info from Jeff Thomas - these guys are really putting in for us, so the more help we can give the better.

Cheers,

Comment

Lisa
        I'm another starter - and I hope finisher!!
        June 18, that's winter - fair chance it'll be cold and wet.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Lisa
          count me in. I think some people in the club will be relieved I'm getting some driver education. :twisted:

Comment

Guys,

This really will be a great day...PCV are not looking for big numbers for this event so that you can all get as much training and experience as possible.

We'll start with about an hour or so of theory...then the first prac will be threshold braking...moving onto some "exercises" with the witches hats. There is a really good circular skid pan there that can be wet down with a diesel/water mix so it's nice and slippery and you can all try out your power slide skills in safety! If we get enough time, the PCV guys will take you right up to full circuits at Attwood. This is the best value for money day you will get anywhere; especially as PCV have so much experience with these sorts of events.

I also boldly suggest that this is the perfect arena for the ladies to get some P-car training in a safe environment with friendly and sympathetic instructors (just make sure you have a family club membership that covers your partner). Don't forget that the skills learnt on such a day will translate back into daily driving as well....

As much support for this event as possible please! The way to thank PCV is by providing good numbers of entrants.

Cheers,

Comment

Im in! :mrgreen:

Comment

Boy, does THIS sound like'a fun deal........ :wink:
                Chuck Miller
                The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                R Gruppe #88

Comment

Are you in Chuck? Between Clyde and Phil I'm sure there will be a left hooker that you'll feel comfortable in. If not, try doing it right handed.

Comment

I'm in as well, assuming my 2 month paint job doesn't turn into a six month job!!
                    MichaelJapp
                    71E
                    Typ901 #065
                    EarlyS #798

Comment

I'm in with something not sure what however and Michael its sure to if my experiences are anything to go by.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Brent,

Some day mate, some day... :wink:

No problem drive'n right hand cars ...

Drive'n left hand roads might be a whole other story... ops:

Cheers,
                        Chuck Miller
                        The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                        Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                        R Gruppe #88

Comment

Me too! - Thanks Lisa and PCV should be a great day.

AV
                          Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

I'm in.

Thanks
                            Paul Wischer
                            1969 911T
                            1979 Californian Moke
                            TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Lisa

No car, but I am more than happy to help out if needed.

Cheers

Rich
                              Richard Griffiths
                              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                              X